Gloves for clay shooting

Sco77w

I always wear a glove on my trigger hand and when it's cold on both. I usually wear a right handed golf glove - I've tried a few kinds of gloves, but thin leather golf glove is excellent. It gives me much better grip and I tend to do in my trigger finger on the bottom edge of the trigger if I don't wear a glove.

When it's really hot and I'm competing, my palms will sweat and the gloves really help. Wiping hands on a towel also does the job of course, but the gloves are just better.

My mate wears macwets when weather is cold because he suffers from vibration white finger and loses feeling in his fingers when his hands get cold. I only wear them if it is really cold(MacWet again - good grip, important if you can't feel the gun as well as you can with bare hands).

Edited by Bloke

During the winter I use shooting Mac Wets which are awesome.

During the spring,summer and autumn I use Browning lightweight leather\mesh gloves.

Why, well shooting a semi auto the barrel gets that hot shooting skeet and even worse shooting doubles I can't hold the barrel with the butt on my foot due to the heat so for me it's mainly a safety\comfort thing. Also stops sweaty hands marking the barrel and also gives me better grip for checking the choke is tight.

I have been asked why i'm wearing gloves plenty of times, then let people try and hold the gun is a safe position after the second stand, they normally get the message lol.

Jon.

I used to wear a golf-type glove for a while for extra grip, as I can't grip properly due to hand injury I sustained a few years ago, but I'm not keen on wearing them so have instead changed the way I hold the forend. I still have to wear them in cold weather though as it aches like hell otherwise, so I keep a pair of Musto Windstoppers in my bag which are nice and toasty. :yes:

I used to wear a golf-type glove for a while for extra grip, as I can't grip properly due to hand injury I sustained a few years ago, but I'm not keen on wearing them so have instead changed the way I hold the forend. I still have to wear them in cold weather though as it aches like hell otherwise, so I keep a pair of Musto Windstoppers in my bag which are nice and toasty. :yes:

Yes, but you're a fag bitch gimp <_<

I wear mechanix gloves,I have a slight weakness in my hands and have had surgery on them so I use them more for comfort than looks.I use a full glove on my fore end hand because I can't grip very well and the glove works like a non slip surface.On my trigger hand I wear a fingerless mechanix glove for much the same reason but I like to feel the trigger on my finger.

john

use them exclisively for sxs and clay work.

i cooked myself on an auto barrel, 300+ rounds, and very hot day.

Same here, I keep some fingerless golf type gloves in my vest in the summer. My skeet gun has a synthetic stock and can get slippery when my hands sweat.

For the fashionistas: They're black kangaroo skin and very butch (Now looking for a black leather Musto cap with studs :o )