Coloured shooters

Toombsy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot with a couple of Bubbles in Norfolk once, they were nice guys. On the same same day there was a mad Wop who you wouldn't want to be anywhere near if he had a gun.

Never shot with any Asian or black people yet.

We have got a couple of women that come clay shooting sometimes - funny breed they are. :rolleyes::lol:

I don't understand this thread.

I think the OP had noticed that his fellow shooters always seem to be white british and wondered if other PW'ers had experienced the same. I infer the OP also was curious as to why it appears shooting is predominantly a caucasion past time.

The Chinese are keen fisherman, especially when the Mackerel are in, they bring dustbins along to the Dover piers and fill them up, gutting the fish as they go and chucking the guts over the wall to keep the shoal there. A cynical person might say they weren't really there for the sport.

The chinese were down at dungeness a few years back and they were caining the mackerel. They were tying two sets of feathers (upto 12 hooks!!!!!) together and their casting was like nothing I have ever seen, as long as it went in the drink they were happy. When they got a full house they didnt bother with the reel they just walked up the beach and towed them ashore. They had hundreds upon hundreds and I can sincerely say it was the most sporting example of UK beach fishing that I have ever seen. Should have been on the cover of sea angler.

Been clay shooting with an Indian mate a few times and a guy who is half Japanese both people i have taken or done it on stag do's not regulars.

There was that Rasta Show jumper oliver something?

I dont fish so can't say about that in the middle East they use Hawks for hunting over the desert big in Saudi, and there are a few clay clubs in Saudi/Dubai I think

I think the OP had noticed that his fellow shooters always seem to be white british and wondered if other PW'ers had experienced the same. I infer the OP also was curious as to why it appears shooting is predominantly a caucasion past time.

Yep - nothing sinister, nothing racist... just extending a conversation I had at work.

i wonder do non white people have no interest in these sports? do they think they may not be welcome? or dont they want to hang around white people with guns just incase they fancy hunting a black man or something? im actualy finding this interesting.

I know a few chaps of a different ethnic background who shoot and the old whipper in for the Avon Vale was a black gentleman who was originally from inner-city Bristol.

Another interesting point is in a pigeon hide someone with darker skin tends to stick out less prominently against a leafy hedgerow backdrop!

FM :)

very true about the skin colour being an advantage - i regularly shoot with a good mate who is black, i worked with him a few years ago and got him into it - he loves the sport now, and yes - he always says my 'moon face' stands out!!! (he is also a member of this forum)

My syndicate is very racist and a black person would not be made welcome. I am pretty sure that if somebody brought one along as a guest they wouldn't be invited to join again the next year. They are a nice bunch of chaps not very racially tolerant. I don't think we have any gays either.

thats a real shame, i'm by no means a left wing diversity bore - but i do beleive in taking people as you find them, and giving everyone a fair crack of the whip ; i grew up in birmingham, amongst various races - i do hold lots of views that i wouldnt put onto an open forum - all of them formed by my own personal experiences ; however my starting point is that i still give people a fair crack of the whip, and anyone of any colour/race/religion who wants to intergrate and approach me with the same 'level playing field' will be treated alike - now my own experiences have taught me that this will almost certainly preclude some groups who in large do not wish to integrate - but i still give people a fair chance to start with.

i wonder do non white people have no interest in these sports? do they think they may not be welcome? or dont they want to hang around white people with guns just incase they fancy hunting a black man or something? im actualy finding this interesting.

i think they do - but it can be difficult to get into - think about someone (white) who wants to shoot - but does not know anyone that shoots - it can be a difficult to get into it --

regardless of race - i always consider myself an 'evangelical shooter' in the sense that i would always work hard to help anyone out who is interested in shooting to get into it, i have personally converted (for want of a better word!) three people who now regularly shoot. i think everyone should do the same thing - its the future of the sport / industry / our freedom - i cant wait to get my boy into it (he is just coming up to one so it might take some time...)

Could be something to do with the blatent racism shown by many on this website which I would assume carries over onto shooting grounds throughout the country. If they were interested in going they certainly wouldnt be after hearing these muggy *****.

Unless I am mistaken, "racism" and "racial sterotyping" are based on sweeping generalisations and assumptions based on ethnicity / colour.

How ironic.

Not really though is it, seeing as the people who post on here are the people who are spread out throughout shooting grounds in england, and would, therefore, be taking the opinions posted on here with them to the places they shoot. It would have been a hypocritical (not ironic) generalisation only if racist remarks were never mentioned and they were only assumed by myslef.

When one of my neighbours made a few different curries (for 15 people)for my birthday one year I took him clay shooting as a thankyou as he had always shown an interest.When he started talking about recipes for the pigeons I had to clearly explain that the pigeons were not real but just targets :lol: Anyway all was going well until he dropped my gun damaging the rib :oops: Never again :no:

Edit: he's from Bangladesh

Edited by CEREALTHRILLER

Could be something to do with the blatent racism shown by many on this website which I would assume carries over onto shooting grounds throughout the country. If they were interested in going they certainly wouldnt be after hearing these muggy ******.

I find these sort of comments just as offensive as the racist ones, how dare you insinuate that most shooters or that most of PW are racists from a few posts on here. :angry:

Could be something to do with the blatent racism shown by many on this website which I would assume carries over onto shooting grounds throughout the country. If they were interested in going they certainly wouldnt be after hearing these muggy ******.

If you see "blatant racism" on this Forum, please use the "Report" button and draw the attention of the Moderators to the post, or thread.

If we agree with your interpretation, we will act accordingly.

Threads of a delicate nature we monitor as best we can, but obviously we cannot read every single post made on the Forum.

I would add that in my experience anyone (regardless of race , colour, creed, etc) who expresses an interest in your sport, be it fishing or shooting, automatically becomes a good guy. :good:

I would add that in my experience anyone (regardless of race , colour, creed, etc) who expresses an interest in your sport, be it fishing or shooting, automatically becomes a good guy. :good:

Yep agreed 100%. I couldn't care less about race, colour, creed, religion or whatever, if they are willing to shoot with me and share their tasty food I'm in. As long as they don't drop my gun. ;)

On a serious note, to a certain degree racial stereotypes are so ingrained because in reality there IS an element of truth behind some of them, some Americans are brash, some English people are reserved, some Arabs are dodgy, some Germans don't have a sense of humour, some black men are lazy, some Italians are corrupt...etc etc ad nauseum.

The reality is though, in all walks of life exceptions can be made to any rule, be it a generalisation or no.