Strange Crow/Pigeon behaviour

Beardo

The other day i was passing a field full of sheep and lambs - now there were a lot of pigeons feeding in the field (i presume on dropping/clover) - nothing strange there.

But there was a lone crow dive bombing groups of pigeon - he climb high then swoop down on a cluster, causing them to take flight, circle then drop back in to the field again. The crow would just keep continually climbing and dive-bombing different groups.

Never seen that before.

The other day i was passing a field full of sheep and lambs - now there were a lot of pigeons feeding in the field (i presume on dropping/clover) - nothing strange there.

But there was a lone crow dive bombing groups of pigeon - he climb high then swoop down on a cluster, causing them to take flight, circle then drop back in to the field again. The crow would just keep continually climbing and dive-bombing different groups.

Never seen that before.

That's a new one on me too Nick!

I've seen rabbits 'pee-jousting' as I call it, before and I witnessed this the other day too. Very funny, but puts you off dropping the protagonists as they will stink of bunny widdle :lol:

MAybe that's the idea.

Rooks , crows and jackdaws seem to spend most of their lives on the sheep meadows down here.

Perhaps he thought the pigeons were on his patch and wanted them gone, its also the time of year when the rooks and crows seem to be especially agressive, whether its due to mating, or having eggs/chicks I don't know.

Funny this should turn up, up the fields with the mutt yesterday I saw a crow dive directly at a pigeon sitting in a tree after some flaps the pigeon shot out the tree, I thought this was unusual at the time. See crows chasing kites about nearly every day but not pigeons I thought they usually got on and even feed together.