SGC may be lost before its been granted

Highly manipulative people, and most delinquents are just that, would spot the time when a gun was going in or out of the cabinet as an ideal opportunity to kick off and precipitate a scene for their own ends. I think you are describing a God given opportunity for this lass to create a drama in which the SC holder would be the looser and she would be the "winner" in that she became the centre of attention and the " victim" It sounds like a no win situation for the SC holder. Move out and get on with the life you want to live or wait until this child is 18 and ship her out of your lives. Certainly don't give her an opportunity to stitch you up for life with a conviction or just a charge involving a firearm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I disagree that there is no point discussing the problem here.

If someone has first hand experience of a similar situation their comments are useful.

I also think that some very sensible suggestions have been made in this thread.

Thank for that Cranfield.

I and others are just after some friendly advice, opinions and views.

Schmoo.

Defo with the police on this one. You can say what you want about knives, hammers and other weapons in the house etc but a shotgun is in a whole different ball park when it comes to the damage it can inflict and how quickly.

She may well be in care now, but she wont be forever. All she would need is an angle grinder and she has access in a couple of minutes.

Defo with the police on this one. You can say what you want about knives, hammers and other weapons in the house etc but a shotgun is in a whole different ball park when it comes to the damage it can inflict and how quickly.

She may well be in care now, but she wont be forever. All she would need is an angle grinder and she has access in a couple of minutes.

So does that mean he shouldn't have one ever, as she will always only be a plane, train or bus ride from them wherever they are.

Schmoo.

So does that mean he shouldn't have one ever, as she will always only be a plane, train or bus ride from them wherever they are.

Schmoo.

Whilst his house is her "fall back" residence then no he shouldnt have guns in the house.

When she has left home and has a place of her own or is in prison then is the time to have lethal weapons in the house.

Frankly, there is little or no point discussing this here.

Wait for the visit and see what happens, she will be in care by then apparently, so just what is the problem? :hmm::hmm:

If someone has first hand experience of a similar situation their comments are useful.

Thank for that Cranfield.

I and others are just after some friendly advice, opinions and views.

Schmoo.

My fault for not making it clearer!

It does not matter what experiences or comments anyone here has, as they do not make the decision.

How often in how many threads have we seen not only different Police regions, but also different FEO in the SAME region coming out with conflicting comments. I deal with FEO in 5 different Police regions and the difference in attitude and knowledge is astonishing.

As for a Marker on the house, so, there may be, and it may be a consideration, could be a convicted murderer lived at the property previously, would that stop a new occupier getting a SGC/FAC?

And just how much point would there be in housing the gun/s at an alternative address, the keys would still be in the house, and such a scheming evil person would no doubt find them and have no problem breaking into another property.

You may well consider all the above is bull as well, you are welcome, you don't make the decision.

As I have said, wait for the visit, when she will be in care anyway, and see what happens!

The odds are very strong you will NOT get a flat refusal at the visit. That is VERY rare, if the FEO has concerns he will raise them with you and advise he will pass them on to his superiors. This will give you time for discussion to find an acceptable (or not) way forward. :good:

My fault for not making it clearer!

It does not matter what experiences or comments anyone here has, as they do not make the decision.

How often in how many threads have we seen not only different Police regions, but also different FEO in the SAME region coming out with conflicting comments. I deal with FEO in 5 different Police regions and the difference in attitude and knowledge is astonishing.

As for a Marker on the house, so, there may be, and it may be a consideration, could be a convicted murderer lived at the property previously, would that stop a new occupier getting a SGC/FAC?

And just how much point would there be in housing the gun/s at an alternative address, the keys would still be in the house, and such a scheming evil person would no doubt find them and have no problem breaking into another property.

You may well consider all the above is bull as well, you are welcome, you don't make the decision.

As I have said, wait for the visit, when she will be in care anyway, and see what happens!

The odds are very strong you will NOT get a flat refusal at the visit. That is VERY rare, if the FEO has concerns he will raise them with you and advise he will pass them on to his superiors. This will give you time for discussion to find an acceptable (or not) way forward. :good:

Thank for that Dekers, I will pass this on to him.

Schmoo.

In my eyes, a gun in a locked cabinet with keys on your person is 1000 x safer then a sharp carving knife stored in an unlocked top draw... I very much doubt a young girl can get into a police approved cabinet bolted to the wall... Then get into another locked cabinet to get the cartridges, break the gun put shells in it and fire it... also leaving the gun in bits will make it another 10 x harder. In my eyes, If your completely careful there is no issue here what so ever. If anything happened and this sequence of events rang true, he should be taken away not her.

Just my opinion

Edited by Beretta Italy

In my eyes, a gun in a locked cabinet with keys on your person is 1000 x safer then a sharp carving knife stored in an unlocked top draw... I very much doubt a young girl can get into a police approved cabinet bolted to the wall... Then get into another locked cabinet to get the cartridges, break the gun put shells in it and fire it... also leaving the gun in bits will make it another 10 x harder. In my eyes, If your completely careful there is no issue here what so ever. If anything happened and this sequence of events rang true, he should be taken away not her.

Just my opinion

Thanks for that Beretta Italy, the forend would be hidden somewhere else too, meant to mention that in the earlier posts I made. I store my forend elsewhere too, you never know when you might just tip the Mrs over the edge too :lol:

Thanks for the support again.

Schmoo

Update?

Sorry about the delay in the update.

She has gone to some sort of sheltered housing. :yes:

The FEO has phoned and is coming for a home visit next week, the FEO says this is the last stage in the process ( they have done all other checks in the 6 or 7 weeks he has been waiting for his home visit )

So fingers crossed he might be OK.

I will update here once the FEO has been.

Schmoo.

IF its any consolation i have been waiting 14 weeks for my sgc,and still waiting!!!had my visit on week 11,and was told it could be another 3 or 4 weeks..as for being stupid for applying in the first place,i say good on ya mate,dont let the little so and so run your life for you,first chance i got she would be out of the house.... :good:

well said cranfield this forum seems to have a broad spectrum of people on it and there has been some great advice given to people in the past and some one could be going through the same thing but too embaressed to say so yes there is a point to discussing this on here

sorry to here about your mate hope it all works out for him :good::oops:

Met up with my mate this weekend.

The FEO came round had a good chat about this, that and the other.

They discussed ammo storage and chewed the fat about the weather too.

The FEO had this devil child's rap sheet going back to 2007 or 2008, so he was fully aware of the situation that had been going on at the property, till she went off to sheltered housing last week.

The FEO didn't ask too much about the girl, he seemed more interested in the weather and how well my mate had decorated his lounge, nothing really shooting related. I guess the FEO was justing trying to suss my mate out.

So my mate feels more positive than he has of late about the situation, so fingers crossed it all works out good for him.

Schmoo.

Edited by Schmoo

I will second that,good luck to him hope all turns out well... :D:good:

I will do, he will get an account and post all about his journey to get his SGC.

No he hasn't been granted it yet, but hopefully over the next week or two he should know.

So fingers crossed.

I will pass on all your best wishes when we go out rough shooting for a couple of days next week.

Schmoo.