Pigeon Feeding Patterns

greeny_2

Hi Guys

I am new to Pigeon Shooting and would just like your opinions on whether Pigeons have set feeding patterns or not.

I have been out a few times between 11:00-12:00 and I dont really seem to see many pigeons about until late afternoon.

Do they feed in the morning and then late afternoon??

I would appreciate any opinions you have......

Cheers

Craig

Hi Guys

I am new to Pigeon Shooting and would just like your opinions on whether Pigeons have set feeding patterns or not.

I have been out a few times between 11:00-12:00 and I dont really seem to see many pigeons about until late afternoon.

Do they feed in the morning and then late afternoon??

I would appreciate any opinions you have......

Cheers

Craig

Its impossible to answer, you need get out and about with some binos and look around your land you shoot on.

Alot of the birds are feeding at first light then late afternoon mainly in my area tho they fed well all day today . Plus there was a fair few young birds around .

I tend to head out around midday and expect the action mid to late afternoon till dark :good:

I agree it is a bit difficult to say. It's possible to have a cracking afternoon and get a ton, or start at 9am and shoot all day long. At this time of year i've also had big bags by starting at first light until about 2pm.

I think at times that pigeons can feed at any time,so you've got to be on the ball and be at the field when the pigeons are.

I'm hoping to be out at about 1-2pm tomorrow.

Hi Guys

Cheers

Craig

The time you mention is probably the least productive in any time of year.

when would you suggest hamster??

If it`s a warm sunny day this time of year, either very early for a couple of hours or after 2.00 till late. It`s hard to make yourself believe after 2.00 isn`t too late but chances are if you have traffic you`ll do well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the weather has an affect. If it is hot and sunny they definitely seem to clear off around the middle of the day, but when it is cooler and windier they are around all day. I was out yesterday with the latter conditions and there were birds all day, when I eventually found the right field, and place I am off to tomorrow had birds around most of the day..planning on giving 'em some stick tomorrow and have some rope bangers to keep them off the other parts of the field :lol: