Dog Attack

reddan

Having had first hand experience of this I can tell you there is no way at all a normal size man could hold onto a rotty or pit bull when it is in a frenzied attack.

The power these breeds of dogs posses is unbelievable. Just think how hard something like a cocker or springer can pull on the lead. Now imagine how strong a large dog could be and add in the uncontrolled frenzy factor.

If you didnt have some sort of weapon or lever at hand then you are pretty much fighting a losing battle.

My advice would be to try and stamp a small dog like a pitbull into the ground, go for the ribs and chest.

It is my own opinion that dogs bred for fighting or gaurding should be treated in the same manner as a weapon. They should be licensed and only allowed to be owned by people who can demonstrate the ability to control and train them.

Sure any dog can injure or kill but when dogs such as a rotty, pit bull, akita alsation, doberman etc etc go for you it is a whole different ball game. They have been bred over successive generations for aggression and defensive instinct.

I have had experience and am normal size. It doesn't take long for a lack of oxygen to take effect.

• 1 month later...

You tend to fing the staffy and the pit bull are very friendly towards humans it tends to be other animals they dont get on with but as a rule staffys bulls and bull crosses are a very fiendly dog i would sooner trust a staff with a child than a jack russell

Mark

You have got to be kidding? While I accept there is maybe more chance of a JR biting a kid it's unlikely to be able to kill or seriously mutilate them, same cannot be said of Bull terriers of any type! There just isn't any comparison in power to weight ratio between them or aggression levels when they go into 'attack mode'.

You have got to be kidding? While I accept there is maybe more chance of a JR biting a kid it's unlikely to be able to kill or seriously mutilate them, same cannot be said of Bull terriers of any type! There just isn't any comparison in power to weight ratio between them or aggression levels when they go into 'attack mode'.

difference is - you dont see oversize cap wearing scum swaggering along with a JR, no - you see them patroling the council estates with various bull types, these breeds attract half wits. Yes - of course not all of the owners are, but i would say a significant majority are. I also wouldnt trust any dog unguarded with very young children, but if push came to shove, i know i could quite easily get control of my JR's.

Edited by pegasus bridge

I heard years ago from an old boy that the trick was to pull the front legs as far apart as possible. I never looked it up or into it, but he seemed to be convinced it worked and he spent his life round dogs.

Anyone heard of this?

As for going toe to toe with a large muscle bound dog that's been bread for fighting and biting, well you would have to look for a weapon.

Pulling the front legs apart is apparently a means of collapsing the chest. The dog wont recover from it if done as strongly as possible but whilst you are doing this the head is free and not far away. The shoulder blades are forced directly under the spine and compress the chest and heart area.

In a situation such as this where you feel compelled to help I have been advised before to go for the eyes or attempt to get a fingers under the dogs top lip with the heel of the hand on top of its muzzle and squeeze hard crushing its nose and choking off the air.

Thankfully never having had to deal with this situation and always wearing a belt, that would be my weapon of choice, as suggested above, around the neck to choke the animal.

We have a (well behaved and controlled) rottweiler and its power is staggering. It has been said above that intervening means you are going to get hurt and thats so right.

I am over 6' and weigh about 260 lbs, and I would expect to be very hard pressed and become the target, as soon as I became involved.

Its the speed which is so appalling, you are bleeding before you know it.