young rooks

number 1

We're on them tomorrow, the thirteenth. Quite a tradition in my family. This year looks good, there are plenty of "perchers", and I shouldn't have a problem harvesting 4 and 20 for my rook pie.

Out of interest, what gun(s) do you folks use for "perchers". We usually end up with a good selection, from .410 to .22 LR, my favourite being the 20 bore, 6 shot.

We finished with 72 rooks and 4 squirrels for 107 shots between 9 guns. 5 of us went down to the park were we waited for the rooks to return to the great lime's they came in high the dropped straight into the tops of the trees very testing shots we finished with 22 for 92 shots ( i said they were testing shots).

We were out on Friday night 16th with .22 rim fire's. Got about 30 between the 2 of us. They are a big big this year the warm spel we had from March through April must have made them lay early as most of them were flying. We de-housed a couple of nests by taking the branch down with a couple of well placed shots into the limb of the small tree................brilliant fun though :lol::lol: