Browning/ Miroku.....Whats the real difference??

squodged

Browning or Miroku???  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which shoots the best....Browning or Miroku???

Browning or Miroku...........Whats the real difference???

Everyone has heard the story of the only difference is that one's in a box and the other comes in a fancy case!!!

But generically their the same yes/ no? Made in the same Japanese factory using and upholding the heritage of the design's of John Moses Browning....other than say the B25 types that are Belgian made I believe still......

Does one shoot better than the other or is that just snobbery with Browning shooters!!!

But surely there's more to it than that??

They are basically the same gun. Slightly different stock dimensions, engraving etc. I don't think Miroku have a ventilated rib between the barrels - never seen one, whereas Brownings do on certain models.

Only real difference is price.

I shoot an MK70 Miroku my My Mum shoots a 425 Browning, next to each other they near identical! I would say the finnish on the Browning is fractionaly better but it is a lot older gun than mine, and I think factory produced guns back then didnt look quite as factory produced as they do now! And as seeker says the Browning has the gold adjustable trigger where as my miroku does not.

As for how it shoots? I dont really think theres anything in it!

Edited by Mark-70

Browning or Miroku...........Whats the real difference???

Everyone has heard the story of the only difference is that one's in a box and the other comes in a fancy case!!!

But generically their the same yes/ no? Made in the same Japanese factory using and upholding the heritage of the design's of John Moses Browning....other than say the B25 types that are Belgian made I believe still......

Does one shoot better than the other or is that just snobbery with Browning shooters!!!

But surely there's more to it than that??

I briefly had a Miroku MK60(1st Gun)....lovely gun to look at, but used to kick me like a mule. Damn gun didn't fit me...obviously! So kind of put me off Miroku's.

Looking back now if it was on them, my god they were dust....especially with the top barrel being 3/4 choke.

I then committed the crime of swopping to the Devil that is........BERETTA and have never looked back.....or so I thought until recently, I now find myself hankering after a Miroku/ Browning because they look THE ********!!!

Now should I treat myself????

B25 Browning is a lovely tool, B125-B525 v Miroku, pretty similar, yiou pays your money and takes your choice. I have had several Mirokus (700, 3700 HS, 3800 or 800S) over the years and sold them all. I have been sorely tempted by B25s especially one B0 lightweight game but for the last 20 years or so have used a 687 Beretta. Doubt I will ever buy another shotgun now unless I need a 20 bore at some stage.

A

I briefly had a Miroku MK60(1st Gun)....lovely gun to look at, but used to kick me like a mule. Damn gun didn't fit me...obviously! So kind of put me off Miroku's.

Looking back now if it was on them, my god they were dust....especially with the top barrel being 3/4 choke.

I then committed the crime of swopping to the Devil that is........BERETTA and have never looked back.....or so I thought until recently, I now find myself hankering after a Miroku/ Browning because they look THE ********!!!

Now should I treat myself????

And if I do which is gonna shoot more like my Beretta so I don't get put off again????

And if I do which is gonna shoot more like my Beretta so I don't get put off again????

I think you answered your question before,it was the fit that caused you a problem not the gun,with more experience now you should be able to make a more informed decision,plus you may have the sense to invest in a proper fitting to ensure the lead goes where you think you've sent it.

Mk60/Mk70 are basically 4/525s,engraving is slighlty different.Browning seem to take the slightly better wood in each grade,my impression.

I have 2 425s,a 30inch 12 and a 28inch 20 gauge,they shoot POA/tiny bit high if anything.

Miroku to me is the best value secondhand o/u you can get in Mk38/60/70.You pay a premium for the Browning name on a new gun.Shot mk 38/60/70s think they are great guns and if anything underrated,in answer to your question I think they shoot a fraction high but only a fraction and I would think exactly the same as equivalent Browning.I have not shot them at the same time ie done an exact comparison though.

ATB

I`ve owned a couple of each but neither shoots as well as Beretta for me. The Miroku`s seem to have slightly less beefy stocks and the trap versions of Browning seem higher in the comb which I like. It`s difficult to justify the much higher price of the Browning though since they both share the same action and all those sharp edges which I personally dislike. You need to be careful with early Miroku`s as they tend to need hourly cleaning :look: of the chambers. Both are near as dammit instant 2nd hand sellers. The Miroku would easily win a contest to find the cheapest comp ready gun straight from the box.

A Miroku MK70 is basically the same as a 525, just with a slightly lower comb height. I had originally decided I wanted a mk38 but tried it out in the shop and it wasn't right for me, a mk70 was better but not as good as the 525. In the end I went for a citori white lightning as it was £300 with the same dimensions but with grade 2 wood.

for me a miroku mk70 would shoot to low and a mk38 too high.

for me a miroku mk70 would shoot to low and a mk38 too high.

MK50 sounds about right then :lol: , I know what you mean though, I`ve tried quite a few over the years but just couldn`t gel with them although if I had to I could make a go of it with the Brownings.

MK50 sounds about right then :lol: , I know what you mean though, I`ve tried quite a few over the years but just couldn`t gel with them although if I had to I could make a go of it with the Brownings.

Haha, yeah, I could have got on with the mk70, being new to shooting I'm sure it would not have made that much difference, the browning just felt right. And the browning was £150 cheaper with a free slip, so I was happy!

The answer to the question is neither. A gun that shoots high for one person, does not for another. They are mechanically the same. Minor differences in stocks on different models. Miroku is cheaper - end of chat.

So my original post was correct then.....the only real difference is that one comes in a fancy case!!

People still frustratingly haven't yet answered my question......What's the difference when you shoot either of them??

Do they shoot High/Low etc??

No difference at all model for model, ie game gun, sporter etc. Different engraving patterns and thats about the lot.

A

Just to confuse things on saturday I bought a browning citori 'special' white lightning/white feather,the wood is excellent(not sure what grade anyone know how to find out/) it came in a card board box not a case, does'nt have a gold trigger and the certs say it was made in Belgium not Japan?

Just to confuse things on saturday I bought a browning citori 'special' white lightning/white feather,the wood is excellent(not sure what grade anyone know how to find out/) it came in a card board box not a case, does'nt have a gold trigger and the certs say it was made in Belgium not Japan?

Just goes to show.....that they've got you what ever.

I think it goes something like this.......If your happy, then that's all that matters...and The Browning People are happy because whether you've bought a Browning or Miroku or even a Winchester you've still bought a Browning and not a Beretta...

It's Business not personal.....as one gun is just a unit on a sales report!