Charity Shoot, North Yorkshire

paulos

As far as I know it's £15 for the 40 Bird Sporting & £10 each (ie £20 in total) for the Flush. I was told this when I collected some posters, one of which I scanned & posted on here. I'll check again incase I wasn't listening & confirm it.

• 2 weeks later...

20 bird pool shot, £5 a go, I think there'll be 4 traps for this. This will also double up as a have a go stand.

There's 5 different stands for the main shoot, each set up with 2 traps. Now I didn't ask but it would appear that the main prize is 50 bird not 40.

There's 1 stand for the flush.

All set up in a wooded valley, which should provide some fun shooting.

Edited by PERCE

Hi PERCE,

The shoot is still 40 bird - and it's over 6 stands (4x 3 pairs and 2x 4 pairs). :good:

The flush is a 2 man, 30 bird and I think it's £10 a go. :yes:

I think the pool is 10 birds, but I'm willing to be corrected :P

It's a very nice spot where this is being held and well worth a look :good: :good:

Hi PERCE,

The shoot is still 40 bird - and it's over 6 stands (4x 3 pairs and 2x 4 pairs). :good:

The flush is a 2 man, 30 bird and I think it's £10 a go. :yes:

I think the pool is 10 birds, but I'm willing to be corrected :P

It's a very nice spot where this is being held and well worth a look :good: :good:

Mike said 20 for the pool just before I left today. I also only left clays at 5 stands but I did then go on the pie run so something more than likely changed :good:

Confused as ever but that's half the fun of going to Aske during the winter :D

Edited by PERCE

Mike said 20 for the pool just before I left today. I also only left clays at 5 stands but I did then go on the pie run so something more than likely changed :good:

Confused as ever but that's half the fun of going to Aske during the winter :D

Haha, yeah we were debating where to put the 6th stand but have got it in :good: All the stands are ready to go now though just looking forward to shooting it tomorrow without having to lug traps about! :P Should be a good day, I just hope the weather holds out.

Haha, yeah we were debating where to put the 6th stand but have got it in :good: All the stands are ready to go now though just looking forward to shooting it tomorrow without having to lug traps about! :P Should be a good day, I just hope the weather holds out.

Mike might want to do summat else at 9.00am tomorrow....................... :lol:

Afternoon All,

Just returned from Aske Hall and wanted to congratulate those involved and thank them for the effort they put in. I thoroughly enjoyed the targets and having it spread over 6 stands was an excellent idea. Created alot of variation and cut the waiting down on each stand which is allways a good thing. Even if 15 people are waiting it doesn't take long when your shooting 3 pairs each.

It was a shame some of the traps let them down but it didn't spoil my day. Although I was looking forward to shooting my namesake but never mind eh! Things like that only bother you if you let them.

I hope alot of money was raised for a worthy cause and can someone post the results if poss and let us know if this will be an annual event. (Just curious as I doubt my 32 will clinch the 100 quid! I'd predict a 38 would win it)

Best wishes

White Rabbit.

Yes, White rabbit it was an excellent shoot. Good targets and all for a very worthy cause.Lots of thanks are in order for all the helpers espessially for Tony from Marne barracks and everyone else who assisted on the day and also for the prizes for the winners and the raffle.I'm not sure how much was raised but would think it would be a tidy sum, going off the number of entries. Paulos won the shoot on a cracking 39/40.I managed to win the ladies on 33, I didn't get chance to do another card as the lads manning the top stand hadn't had a break so a couple of us jumped in to help with the buttoning and marking. I do believe it is an annual event but would be nice if it was a regular shoot full stop. from Auntie. :good:

Yes, White rabbit it was an excellent shoot. Good targets and all for a very worthy cause.Lots of thanks are in order for all the helpers espessially for Tony from Marne barracks and everyone else who assisted on the day and also for the prizes for the winners and the raffle.I'm not sure how much was raised but would think it would be a tidy sum, going off the number of entries. Paulos won the shoot on a cracking 39/40.I managed to win the ladies on 33, I didn't get chance to do another card as the lads manning the top stand hadn't had a break so a couple of us jumped in to help with the buttoning and marking. I do believe it is an annual event but would be nice if it was a regular shoot full stop. from Auntie. :good:

Looks like there was two skeet comps on today then :lol:

Thanks for giving us a spell away from stand 6, most of the other lads that worked the traps didn't get the opportunity, looking at my score though I think I'd better stick to my dogs. Your score was one of the best on the day, didn't see too many better whilst I was working. When we were clearing up somebody said that there was 270 entries taken for the 40 bird, it was also commented upon how the regular clay shooters enjoyed having somewhere different to shoot.

Thanks for giving us a spell away from stand 6, most of the other lads that worked the traps didn't get the opportunity, looking at my score though I think I'd better stick to my dogs. Your score was one of the best on the day, didn't see too many better whilst I was working. When we were clearing up somebody said that there was 270 entries taken for the 40 bird, it was also commented upon how the regular clay shooters enjoyed having somewhere different to shoot.

Your more than welcome Perce. :yes: , also nice to put a face to the name.. from Auntie.