diesal taken

mad1

just a heads up to be carefull everyone i come out of work this mornin after finishing night shift as i walked over to my frontera i noticed a shimmer underneath it but just put it down to a slight rain over night followed with a warm morning sun. So i just thought it was where the sun had not dried the water well about 5 mile later the lights on dash came on and the car rolled to a stop and would not restart . :angry: . . I then noticed the fuel needle was readin empty i aways have at least half a tank in . So after plenty of phone calls remember this is 6.10 am i manage to get someone to fetch me a small amount of diesal to get me home and then i saw it . . . Running out from underneath some one has drilled my tank so just a friendly word of warning keep a eye on your cars . . I am gutted i have to replace or fix the tank and also try to clean up the massive patch out side my house i could really do without this this week :no:

Edited by mad1

A quick visit to your local pharmacy, petrolium jelly mixed with getian violet smothered all over your fuel tank, make sure you wear gloves.The first instict from the vandal will be to wash it off. Bad decision, his hands will be covered in bright purple dye, which wont come off for days.You may even find out who did it. from Auntie. :rolleyes:

It is definitely rife at the minute, two scrotes were caught on our works CCTV trying to hacksaw the catalytic converters off two vans that belong to the company next door to us just Monday night.

Are you going to repair it, or replace it?

Edited by Ian750

Fuel and oil being stolen all the time in rural areas,and cat catalytic converters which are worth a lot of money scrap being removed and lead is still getting removed,thieves are getting more blazen and are stealing to order any from a sausage maker at our local pork farm to a hot tub,thieves just don't care if they are spotted they blag their way out of it and time old bill arrives they are gone,just got to keep your guard up

Fuel and oil being stolen all the time in rural areas,and cat catalytic converters which are worth a lot of money scrap being removed and lead is still getting removed,thieves are getting more blazen and are stealing to order any from a sausage maker at our local pork farm to a hot tub,thieves just don't care if they are spotted they blag their way out of it and time old bill arrives they are gone,just got to keep your guard up

My permission had 300 gallons of diesel stolen overnight just a few weeks back.

Mad1, it's obviously a real pain in the neck having to repair your tank and the scroats that did it want their fingers cutting off.

Try looking on the bright side though - You may well see your diesel again when you get a knock on the door offering to tarmac your driveway or lop your trees nice and cheaply!

KFC, that wasn't Arbury was it?

Dodgy place at the best of times...

No mate, Chesterton.

Close enough to Arbury though :yes:

And what's on the other side of the A14 opposite Arbury? :rolleyes:

Edited by KFC

No mate, Chesterton.

Close enough to Arbury though :yes:

And what's on the other side of the A14 opposite Arbury? :rolleyes:

You do know that there is a huge travelling community just off Green end road in Chesterton just over the level crossing which makes the one you're thinking of near A14 look like Butlins...

You do know that there is a huge travelling community just off Green end road in Chesterton just over the level crossing which makes the one you're thinking of near A14 look like Butlins...

AAAaaarrrrr! Bein' tawld Fen Toigerrrr, I dersn't gooo near the big cities, lessun t'queen's avisitin an' oy as ter goo an wave at 'er :lol:

Can someone translate please? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I said " I didn't know about that particular site because I am a Fen Tiger and I'm rather afraid of going to the big Cities, unless the Queen is visiting and I have to go and wave at her, don't you know"

We is a loyal lot what don't like riff-raff you know :D

just a heads up to be carefull everyone i come out of work this mornin after finishing night shift as i walked over to my frontera i noticed a shimmer underneath it but just put it down to a slight rain over night followed with a warm morning sun. So i just thought it was where the sun had not dried the water well about 5 mile later the lights on dash came on and the car rolled to a stop and would not restart . :angry: . . I then noticed the fuel needle was readin empty i aways have at least half a tank in . So after plenty of phone calls remember this is 6.10 am i manage to get someone to fetch me a small amount of diesal to get me home and then i saw it . . . Running out from underneath some one has drilled my tank so just a friendly word of warning keep a eye on your cars . . I am gutted i have to replace or fix the tank and also try to clean up the massive patch out side my house i could really do without this this week :no:

Sorry to hear about that mate :no:

i did a night out in a hgv a couple of weeks ago and i could not get to sleep anyway i looked out of my windsreen on saw 2 chaps with 25 ltr barrels draining the truck up from me .i shouted at them and switched my hazzards on while sounding the horn they legged it,and left the deisel fortunatley.this happens every night all over when you talk to other drivers. now a lot of people dont lock the cap because the drecks just drill the tank

Hi

Catalytic converters being stolen quite often in Ipswich and the surrounding areas, recent Email from Police:

Between 4.45pm Friday 20th and 8.15am Monday 23rd May a number of catalytic converters have been taken from vans parked in the street, in parking bays and car parks and at Industrial premises.

Roads where thefts have taken place include: -

Rapier Street

Downside Close

Whittle Road

Dales View Road

Jovian Way

Chaucer Road

Richmond Road

A couple of the roads listed above and you would probaly acusing your neighbour if you get my drift!

I know probaly 6 weeks ago-ish they hit schools and there mini buses, one school twice.

A-holes :angry:

Alan