Clay shooting around Lowestoft & Great Yarmouth

Steve111

Hi,

I have just bought my first shotgun and would like to spend some time getting used to it on some clays before I venture out in to the field for pigeons. I have been clay shooting at high lodge but it is about an hour away from me as I am based in Hopton. I was wondering if anyone know of any closer clay grounds that I would be able to use?

I would also like to meet any members who live in my area who I could join in shooting at a clay ground with.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

Steve hi

There is a clay set up at Orsmby its not far from the rear breeds centre i think it still runs on a tues night, Yarmouth wildfowlers run a clay shoot once a month sunday morning http://www.gtyarmouthwildfowlers.co.uk/ next one is around june 12th i think details on site

Edited by pavman

Thanks for the help, I was going to try wildfowlers when the season starts but my problem is I can't make Sundays during the summer because I sail. I will try the Orsmby ground as I can make Tuesdays. Have you got any more details about this? Berretta28g do you do much clay shooting?

Thanks for the help, I was going to try wildfowlers when the season starts but my problem is I can't make Sundays during the summer because I sail. I will try the Orsmby ground as I can make Tuesdays. Have you got any more details about this? Berretta28g do you do much clay shooting?

You have PM

Ormesby is called "Rickies" open Tuesday night from 6pm to about 9 mainly skeet with lights in winter and sometimes sporting, On Saturday from 2pm to evening Skeet and sporting

No membership just turn up, sporting £2 per 10 shots, Skeet £5.00 per round, Normally steel cartridges available to buy on site, no restrictions on cartriges Lead or steel

A149 from Gt Yarmouth to Ormesby St Michael turn right just after church into Decoy Road, straight down road do not turn at first right turn but continue past sharp left turn and two or three houses on left, the turn right into gated dirt track, park at bottom of track, Rickie probably wearing Red Overalls

Another skeet range Mr Bells" behind Gapton retail park, take first right after roundabout and follow to left when turns into dirt track never been but understand open most hours week and Sat

Ormesby is called "Rickies" open Tuesday night from 6pm to about 9 mainly skeet with lights in winter and sometimes sporting, On Saturday from 2pm to evening Skeet and sporting

No membership just turn up, sporting £2 per 10 shots, Skeet £5.00 per round, Normally steel cartridges available to buy on site, no restrictions on cartriges Lead or steel

A149 from Gt Yarmouth to Ormesby St Michael turn right just after church into Decoy Road, straight down road do not turn at first right turn but continue past sharp left turn and two or three houses on left, the turn right into gated dirt track, park at bottom of track, Rickie probably wearing Red Overalls

Another skeet range Mr Bells" behind Gapton retail park, take first right after roundabout and follow to left when turns into dirt track never been but understand open most hours week and Sat

That is some great information, thanks.

I will try to get in contact with "Mr Bells" this week and get a go on his range this week as it is just down the road from me. Once I have got more information I will post the details up.

Looking forward to trying my shotgun, the help from this forums members has been great!

That is some great information, thanks.

I will try to get in contact with "Mr Bells" this week and get a go on his range this week as it is just down the road from me. Once I have got more information I will post the details up.

Looking forward to trying my shotgun, the help from this forums members has been great!

Hi Steve111,

Welcome.

Not convinced Mr Bells has a telephone, you will see why once you have been, that being said it is a good laugh down there and very relaxed. Mr Bell is a nice guy as well.

Quite a few of us meet up at Mid Norfolk (Deighton Hills) Green Mile rules apply ("what happens on the mile stays on the mile") to scores so no need to worry there.

Other than that there is one on the at the Dove on the ?Bungay Rd?

Regards

Dan

Hi Steve111,

Welcome.

Not convinced Mr Bells has a telephone, you will see why once you have been, that being said it is a good laugh down there and very relaxed. Mr Bell is a nice guy as well.

Quite a few of us meet up at Mid Norfolk (Deighton Hills) Green Mile rules apply ("what happens on the mile stays on the mile") to scores so no need to worry there.

Other than that there is one on the at the Dove on the ?Bungay Rd?

Regards

Dan

hi reddan,

I went to have to have a chat with Mr Billy Bell, very nice guy (great name as well). He was very frendly and said I could use the traps anytime and if he is not in just post the money in the box. He charges £5 per 25 clays (or as he says "put £5 in the box for every empty box of carts"). I am trying to get a go this week but struggling to get another person to join me as they are either busy or away!

I would be interested in joining you on some of your other shoots if that would be okay? What would be the best way to arrange this?

Cheers for your help and information,

steve

Steve

Make sure he teaches you to use the traps safely as traps are very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

I will be going to rickies on Sat about 2pm, if you want i can meet you there, give me a call on Yar 843003 9-5 tomorrow if interested

Chris

hi reddan,

I went to have to have a chat with Mr Billy Bell, very nice guy (great name as well). He was very frendly and said I could use the traps anytime and if he is not in just post the money in the box. He charges £5 per 25 clays (or as he says "put £5 in the box for every empty box of carts"). I am trying to get a go this week but struggling to get another person to join me as they are either busy or away!

I would be interested in joining you on some of your other shoots if that would be okay? What would be the best way to arrange this?

Cheers for your help and information,

steve

Billy Bell is a good chap

Normally arranged through the meet up section on here so keep your eyes peeled. I will try and PM you as well.

Dan