Is no one else worried about these

Want to take a straw poll on that? Oh right, yeah, you're the one that's right and everyone else is wrong.

Well done you :good:

No point having a discussion when your right and everyone else is wrong and you can't explain the difference between a Ruger 10/22 with a 10 round mag, 30 round hot lips mag or a 40, or a 50 round mag.

Incidentally I've used two 30 round hot lips mags whilst out on the bunnies and had / used upto 7 x 10 round mags in my other pockets.

No point discussing it though...

The difference is obvious between a 10 round mag and a 30, 40 or 50 round mag....... Its 20, 30 or 40 respectively.... jeeeees I had put more faith in the 'professional' class.... Look at previous history of UK shootings and add the potential with hi cap accessories/arms and then come back with such flippant comments

Oh and then (not you mungler but others) slate the police for not reacting to quick due to H&S limitations and think about what could actually go wrong'er in future

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a slot for 22 on my ticket, I AM filling it with one of these so I can enter mini rifle comps (in answer to your question OP.... mini rifle... negates the need for mag changes during the course of fire... allows for better times!)

Almost as good as Police Pistol comps... ahhh... I'm getting all teary eyed now..

Mini rifle is great fun... just because you find it un-PC.. doesn't mean we should ban them... trust me matey, far more damage could be done with my 10 or 20 rd mag in a .308 than could with a 50rd clip in a .22!!! c'mon... look at some of the other threads on here... I remember the funfair at Great Yarmouth shooting .22s in the shooting gallery!

NO I dont find it un-PC as you say, I asked what is the purpose (being by my own admission ignorant) to the reasons for owning such arms. I'm intrigued what does this Mini Rifle discipline entail

The difference is obvious between a 10 round mag and a 30, 40 or 50 round mag....... Its 20, 30 or 40 respectively.... jeeeees I had put more faith in the 'professional' class.... Look at previous history of UK shootings and add the potential with hi cap accessories/arms and then come back with such flippant comments

Oh and then (not you mungler but others) slate the police for not reacting to quick due to H&S limitations and think about what could actually go wrong'er in future

I'm sure you're keyboard is becoming gradually stickier with the amount of toffee dripping out your nose. It must be really sad to live in a world of speculation.

I can swap out a 30 round hotlips mag on a Ruger 10/22 with another in the blink of an eye.

So, are we banning 30 round mags now?

But then I can swap out 10 round mags just as fast.

So, where does it all stop....? Oh, lets just ban all of them.

Again you talk nonsense

Want to take a straw poll on that?

Well lets be honest most of the time you do talk nonsense, but it's funny so please continue! :lol:

Newportshooter - How can you possibly need to justify things to such an extent? And where would it end? Think of all the things in society that are dangerous but that we don't need. More than one knife in the kitchen? Fireworks on November the 5th? Glass bottles in pubs? All of those items kill more people in a year than legally held firearms.

Just because you don't see the point doesn't mean that if they were taken away someone would lose the fun part of their hobby. Lets face it, are you a pro pest controller? Do you really need your guns? I mean really need them? Would you lose your income or not be able to survive if you didn't have them? Why don't you take up chess? It would be much safer for everyone. :yes::rolleyes:

If I hear anything about part of our sport being banned I'll sign every petition going and kick up merry hell to try to stop it. Life isn't all about you - other people like different stuff so lets all look out for eachother?

To quote one of my other posts on PW...

What on earth have you been smoking!!!

Mini rifle comps require hi cap magazines... Practical (CF) rifle comps require 10 or 20 rd magazines... Practical shotgun comps require hi cap magazines and slugs...

Using your logic... CF rifles should be restricted to 2 rounds as that is all you could conceivably need in the field, Hi capacity shotguns should be banned because they have no practical application IN THE FIELD, as should slugs... No calibres over .243 should be allowed as that is technically all you need for any live quarry in the UK.. apart from possibly wild boar.. so ban em... sorry 50cal shooters club... your out of here...

Where do you want this to stop??... I can go on if you like... just until we get to the part where everything is banned if it is of no direct use to you.... 10rd mag 100 rd mag... it is irrelevant... do you know how long it takes to swap out magazines if you knbow what you are doing????? less than 2 seconds!!! If someone is going to go off the reservation it matters not what they have, as shown to us by Mr Bird...

Yeh but hang on you havent answered the question - what exactly do you need a 50 round mag for?????

I did answere the question and that answere was Mini Rifle , as I said 50 round mags have been around for years , and as someone explained , because it saves time on mag changes when a sport can be won or lost on a hundredth of a second it pays to get the edge hence a 50 round mag much quicker using one mag instead of two .

Dave

tell you again you can't legislate for nutters cars have been driven intentionally into lines of people waiting for a bus, some maniac visited a nursery school with a machette. We ban under 18's buying knives yet either of my kids could raid the knife drawer. if you see these things as something that might turn someone evil you are very wrong

I'm sure you're keyboard is becoming gradually stickier with the amount of toffee dripping out your nose. It must be really sad to live in a world of speculation.

Mate

if only you knew....

I guess I am the only one worried that some day some other person (like Ryan, Bird etc) with a legitimate reason for owning firearms could go on the rampage and kill numerous innocent individuals (and my point was the amount of carnage one could cause with such weapons). Buy Hey who gives a **** really we are all sensible people arnt we......

I did answere the question and that answere was Mini Rifle , as I said 50 round mags have been around for years , and as someone explained , because it saves time on mag changes when a sport can be won or lost on a hundredth of a second it pays to get the edge hence a 50 round mag much quicker using one mag instead of two .

Dave

Dave TBH - I have no idea, my ignorance, what 'mini rife' as a discipline is and hence my question.

Mate

if only you knew....

I guess I am the only one worried that some day some other person (like Ryan, Bird etc) with a legitimate reason for owning firearms could go on the rampage and kill numerous innocent individuals (and my point was the amount of carnage one could cause with such weapons). Buy Hey who gives a **** really we are all sensible people arnt we......

Mate, I do know. I'm not going to live my life worrying about what could happen. What a waste that would be. The fact you've posted such nonsense indicates that you have very little understanding and acceptance of any aspect of shooting that you don't or can't relate to, so why post it in the first place? I could create carnage with a teaspoon and a mouldy carrot. What difference does it make?

Mate

Buy Hey who gives a **** really we are all sensible people arnt we......

Yeah we are as a matter of fact.

Hungerford,Dunblaine and Cumbria were isolated incidents.There are people dying as a result of being stabbed by kitchen knives,but there dont seem to be a crusade forcing people to eat with plastic cutlery.

Mate

if only you knew....

Do yu know why Bird shot his brother 11 times ??? because it was a .22! they are designed for killing bunnies and knocking cans off walls, it is only the UK gov't who put them in the same bracket as 'real' guns! Like I said, FAR more damage could be done with 10 CF rounds than 50 RF rounds..

Stop trolling and let me get back to my dummy spat out boycott of PW....

If you are that concerned about future massacres performed by legitimate FAC holders then perhaps you should reduce the future risk and hand yours in... that is if you do actually have one in the first place as you don't seem to a) know much about shooting disciplines or B) have any empathy at all with your fellow shooters..

I'm off to bisley next weekend for the Pheonix where most of the comps are 'milteristic'... advancing man, turning targets etc... perhaps we should ban the whole thing because it doesn't involve the only true requirement for guns.... shooting bunnies!

I`m with mungler etc, with an extended release on say in my case a ruger 10/22T i only have to flick my finger forward and the mag drops out whether it be a 10 round or a 30, now add into that i have 10/22 mag holders which allow you to clip 3 mags together it gets quicker you can also clip 2 30 round mags together, then to the next level you can buy 50 or even 100 round drum mags, then lets take it further and bring in the fabric and link belts available for belt fed .22`s. What i`m getting at is these things are made to fill a purpose and used lawfully by thousands of people not just in this country, alot of the time it is for rapid fire target disciplines, now why should a person be forced to go out and buy another gun just because you don`t like them being used?, i think any rifle used for these disciplines is perfectly ok to use if a person performs vermin control.

At the end of the day they are only guns, we all have them we all use them and millions of other people do too and in all honesty is this the biggest worry you have in your life?? if it is then by god you should troll around for some other more deserving cause.

Yeah we are as a matter of fact.

Hungerford,Dunblaine and Cumbria were isolated incidents.There are people dying as a result of being stabbed by kitchen knives,but there dont seem to be a crusade forcing people to eat with plastic cutlery.

Hungerford - 14 Dead

Dublain - 16 children and a teacher

Whitehaven - 12 dead

Isolated incdents - People being stabbed resulting in kitchen knife - *** are you on. My OP was about the potential for the currently authorised weaponry/assessories to cause caos but now you mention it...........

Here you go a video from my club a few years ago , Iam the first shooter then you see me as RO for the other club members . If you click on videos on the menu left hand side , then click on the first vid . http://www.minirifle.co.uk/frames/fhome.htm

It gives you an idea of what we do on a typical club night , we also went to comps around the country and had a good time .

Dave

Edited by Dave 101

Its nothing to do with giving men in grey, or other colour suits for that matter, the idea. Its to do with the fact that I (YES I ) cannot see a 'reasonable cause' for someone to have a leathal weapon capable of discharging 50 rounds without the need for some sort of intervention from the 'hopefully' sensible person that is firing it.....

Did you copy/paste this off an anti website?

You are doing our sport no good with your ranting. Nut job maniacs will use what ever tool comes to hand. They don't go nutty because they have a 50 round mag :no:

I think you're on the wrong forum.

Do yu know why Bird shot his brother 11 times ??? because it was a .22! they are designed for killing bunnies and knocking cans off walls, it is only the UK gov't who put them in the same bracket as 'real' guns! Like I said, FAR more damage could be done with 10 CF rounds than 50 RF rounds..

Stop trolling and let me get back to my dummy spat out boycott of PW....

If you are that concerned about future massacres performed by legitimate FAC holders then perhaps you should reduce the future risk and hand yours in... that is if you do actually have one in the first place as you don't seem to a) know much about shooting disciplines or B) have any empathy at all with your fellow shooters..

I'm off to bisley next weekend for the Pheonix where most of the comps are 'milteristic'... advancing man, turning targets etc... perhaps we should ban the whole thing because it doesn't involve the only true requirement for guns.... shooting bunnies!

Or perhaps you could join the army???? But thanks for adding weight to my argument...

Man this site, it seems, is cram packed with really, really good examples of why people shouldnt have firearms..........................................

Did you copy/paste this off an anti website?

You are doing our sport no good with your ranting. Nut job maniacs will use what ever tool comes to hand. They don't go nutty because they have a 50 round mag :no:

I think you're on the wrong forum.

I've been here a while and I dont see the point in beating around the bush - Its my opinion. I am an FAC holder and have a semi auto .22. I just dont see the point in having 50 round mags and 'shorty' military style weapons (that arnt accurate)for the reasons that most put them down for..... I was un aware of 'mini rifle'but will look into it - But I bet there are a few on here who have the MP5 look alike .22lr purely beacuase it looks good....

Here you go a video from my club a few years ago , Iam the first shooter then you see me as RO for the other club members . If you click on videos on the menu left hand side , then click on the first vid . http://www.minirifle.co.uk/frames/fhome.htm

It gives you an idea of what we do on a typical club night , we also went to comps around the country and had a good time .

Dave

Dave 101 :good:

Paladin

Or perhaps you could join the army???? But thanks for adding weight to my argument...

Man this site, it seems, is cram packed with really, really good examples of why people shouldnt have firearms..........................................

Already did that thank you, I have served my country.... have you ??? That is where I received some of the best firearms training in the world!

And..... perhaps you should come down to Bisley and air your concerns with the thousands of competitors competing at the Pheonix, the biggest competition on the target shooting calendar.. as you are obviously FAR more sensible and worthy of an FAC than any of them!.... that is what you are now saying isn't it ???

I've been here a while and I dont see the point in beating around the bush - Its my opinion. I am an FAC holder and have a semi auto .22. I just dont see the point in having 50 round mags and 'shorty' military style weapons (that arnt accurate)for the reasons that most put them down for..... I was un aware of 'mini rifle'but will look into it - But I bet there are a few on here who have the MP5 look alike .22lr purely beacuase it looks good....

It's been said before, but just because you don't see the point doesn't mean it's pointless.

They are ugly though.