Quad Bike ATV

jasper3

We run a yamaha kodiak 400 and weve just completed a polaris big boss 6x6. The yam has been awesome just not big enough for me and bro in law 35 stone combined plus bags of corn! the polaris has a large tipping body and can carry 900lbs!! The polaris is a 350 2 stroke but will pull a house down and goes like a scalded cat! We had a cheapo nipanese quad which was horific and broke daily! Dont skimp and make sure you buy the best you can afford. We are fortunate that im a trained mechanic and in laws are eletrical engineers so weve got all bases covered!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have a polaris 550xp its great, i use it for shooting and some green laning.

it has plenty of power and goes well have had it from new covered 800 miles in it now.

it agri reg, not had problems to date. use it on the road a fair bit

my mate has the kawazaki brute force 750 it cost a fortune, it gets stuck more than mine even with better tyres, uses much more fuel, is no faster in a drag race and has a top speed of 63mph as apposed to the polaris 62mph.

i love the polaris so far better than my old honda

their is only one quad you should even think of getting.. honda forman no ifs not buts trust me ive got over 9000 hours on quads and have killed most of the other makes we used to get sent new unrelised ones off yam and polaris for demo at the hill farm most dident last a week :blink: you realy wont go rong with a forman, i have rolled the same one 4 times in one day and got it stuck ina good peat bog and still managed to ride it back!

Edited by highseas

Have to say we run two hondas on the farm and they are bullet proof, always towing trailers for sheep, yow rolls, logs and god know what's else!

Not sure what work you may be doing but have a look at Quad X attachments and check the fit against your final choice.

You may well end up buying road salt spreaders, paddock toppers and a host of other gadgets too!

As for ATV we run a JCB groundhog, it was pricey and may be too much of an agri machine for your needs but it was priceless feeding sheep in the snow last winter.

Good luck with your purchase, it's a very confusing Market for quads!