the anti's at it again!

in this video it shows the famous birdwatcher/tv presenter bill oddie at the same site the fair game programme went to again talking about how lethal and inhumaine these snares are! if you watch the video it dissapionts me that he clearly has no clue (despite his job) about how and why gamekeepers are killing animals to protect animals which are then shot. what very little people realise is that it is simply another type of farming but where most of the money is made in the slaughter! all these people have there points but it just annoys me how little they actually know about this area of wildlife mangement!

If you ignore the ranting bits he actually does a good job of describing fox snaring

& how stink pits work.

The stink pit looked more like a flytip & was not a good advert for gamekeeping practice.

Moorland is now open access although woodland still remain private, well in England & Wales

It may be different in Scotland.

I like Bill Oddie, he is an engaging & knowledgeable fellow.

He holds opinions that I don't share but so do lots of other people it’s the way the world works.

Edited by creakindoor

The bit that annoyed me at the start was what predates on Grouse: He said Humans, the 'occasional' bird of prey and foxes. Well bill you obviously don't know your stuff, BOP will more than occasionally predate on a Grouse, also he seems to have left out crows, magpies etc.

Like he said dozens of times on the video, snaring is a legal method and a very effective one. Without the use of snares we wouldn't have birds on our syndicate as the terrain is not ideal for lamping, so therefore we rely quite heavily on snares to control the foxes. However, it is not just our game birds that have benefited from our snares; there has been a marked increase on the number of hares around and close by our shoot.

I'm with creakindoor on this one everyone is entitled to their views and opinions as long as they have convictions in them.

I once had a heated debate with a vegetarian "meat is murder"type who had no comeback to the fact that the original owner of the jacket she was wearing was murdered in it.

Mike...

what a muppet,clearly no idea and just a jobsworth although a paid jobs worth.reminds me of the larsen trap garbage on bbc,s country file the other sunday,in the sense that they (the antis/government )are trying to call for an outright ban,pity the keeper wasnt around at that time ,i bet he wouldnt of wanted to explain why he was trespassing(possibly)as i dont know if the tv channel sought permission to be there. :look:

I'm with creakindoor on this one everyone is entitled to their views and opinions as long as they have convictions in them.

I once had a heated debate with a vegetarian "meat is murder"type who had no comeback to the fact that the original owner of the jacket she was wearing was murdered in it.

Mike...

I had a similar debate Mike with my next door neighbour who said what i do is cruel and i should not be skining rabbits in my shed, i asked her if she ate meat which she said yes so i just said go away then.At xmas time came a knock on my door asking if she could bye one of my uncles turkeys we wre doing guess what my answer was? :lol: Yes but you will have to kill it :good:she has never spoke to me since :lol:

Edited by here iam

I had a similar debate Mike with my next door neighbour who said what i do is cruel and i should not be skining rabbits in my shed, i asked her if she ate meat which she said yes so i just said go away then.At xmas time came a knock on my door asking if she could bye one of my uncles turkeys we wre doing guess what my answer was? :lol: Yes but you will have to kill it :good:she has never spoke to me since :lol:

what a ****take,was she looking over your wall when she said about the bunnys,or on your land,what goes on in your shed is your business,and thats final..good on you mate ,i hate interfering busy bodies like that,if she wanted to stick her nose into something ,then buy her a book for christmas,the nosy so n so.regards jay :good: :good: :good:

Does anyone know what date the Oddie Open Season starts please, or is he on the Protected List, and what would be an acceptable calibre for "Oddie Shooting"! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

If he is going to keep talking about things that he obviously does not understand maybe he should have stuck to "The Grand Martial Art of Ecky Thump"! :lol::lol::lol:

what a ****take,was she looking over your wall when she said about the bunnys,or on your land,what goes on in your shed is your business,and thats final..good on you mate ,i hate interfering busy bodies like that,if she wanted to stick her nose into something ,then buy her a book for christmas,the nosy so n so.regards jay :good: :good: :good:

I think she is just another one of lifes hypocrites and users i wouldnt mind i even help them move in and got the cans outs like neighbours do :lol:

I`ve had the misfortune of meeting the poisonous little gnome on a number of occasions. He really is a very unpleasant little man with a monumental chip on his shoulder.

With a bit of luck it won`t be too much longer before he has another of his "mental health" issues and becomes too flaky for anyone to work with. Much as he allegedly did when they threw him off Springwatch.

Cannot abide the man, thinks he knows more about wildlife than anybody else in the universe & will not listen to others opinions if they dare to differ from his own. Forgotten how many times I've heard him talking over another TV presenter as if his ideas were the only ones applicable or worth listening to. Will not watch a programme if I know beforehand that he will be on it, twisted old goat.

What a conceited little man, I am sure the fox in the video would have been roused up by the person filming, as it would stop struggling after a while and would eventually calm down when it realised it could not escape and would then be dispatched by the keeper in due course, yes you are entitled to your own opnions but it is always the anti's that seem to be foisted upon the general public who do not know any different and will lap this sort of rubbish up. I am generaly of the opnion that most people nowadays are just drones.

Does anyone know what date the Oddie Open Season starts please, or is he on the Protected List, and what would be an acceptable calibre for "Oddie Shooting"! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

If he is going to keep talking about things that he obviously does not understand maybe he should have stuck to "The Grand Martial Art of Ecky Thump"! :lol::lol::lol:

Just squeak him in close enough and Im sure a good game load from the shotgun would surfice. :lol::lol: