12 month cocker

roadkill

picking my new bitch up in the morning ( penny ) 12 month old cocker . Went to see her today and she is a little gem . Good on the sit whistle and stop and come back all works good . Likes rough cover as she was running through it and loving it . She has done no dummy work . So shes ready for me to train up into a nice little beaters dog.

Pictures will follow tomorrow

roadkill

Right i have picked up the cocker and am really happy with her very friendly and so far seems very relaxed .

my first aim is to get a good bond between me and the dog before i start any kind of training . Any tips on how to go about this? I took her for a walk with my other dog and let her run free even though she was very reluctant to leave me but once i encouraged her to join the other dog she seemed to have fun exploring but what i don't want to do is ruin any future training by giving her to much free run .

Now looking a head into the future what would be the basic lessons i would need to teach and in what order ?

Just so you have an idea she already sits to the whistle comes back to the whistle and walks at heel.