Daystate Air Ranger Any Good?

Strawman1368

• 6 months later...
Hello

I am thinking of buying a daystate air ranger.

what are your thoughts on this rifle.

Is it better than a rapid mk11

I was about to ask the EXACT SAME! lol.

Bizare!. I have a MK1 rapid though.

I had a play with the Air Ranger in a local shop and i loved the feel, it did feel better then my MK1 R7 but it was more than likly a mind thing rather than actully being a better feel! the gun looks stunning! so i think that was the reason for me liking it so much!

it would be good to know if anyone has one of these along side a Rapid

ohhhh! i think that is kinda good to hear!, any other ideas! i dont mind on shots per charge really as i realy run the air down, if i do i have a 3ltr bottle i leave in my car at all times! and the twin 12ltr fixed at home.

I am more into the range, accurcy, weight, build quailty, warrantys and if anyone use them for hunting!

thanks for the info mate

ohhhh! i think that is kinda good to hear!, any other ideas! i dont mind on shots per charge really as i realy run the air down, if i do i have a 3ltr bottle i leave in my car at all times! and the twin 12ltr fixed at home.

I am more into the range, accurcy, weight, build quailty, warrantys and if anyone use them for hunting!

thanks for the info mate

If you can afford it............buy it................then I will be jealous......................was this gun that got me back into air gunning...........

Well, it was actualy the RWS Series 500, which then became the Air Ranger...................

Oh how I wanted it.................................

Anymore opinions from Air Ranger owners? I'm in the market for a new airgun and am undecided over a thumbhole S410k (owned an S410k years ago and always loved it, plus reknowned reputation), the new HW100k (again, had my last gun was a HW100 with Venom cylinder, lovely gun, regretted getting rid) or this Air Ranger from Daystate.

I've only ever handled (not shot) the Air Wolf, which I believe has a different (better) stock on it. Can't justify the expense of the Air Wolf but the Ranger is well within my reach. Owned 3 Daystates previously and all been faultless so I know how well built they are.

decisions, decisions....

PS Also had the Rapid Mk2 a few years back which I just couldn't get on with at all, unrefined, noisy and poor accuracy. I DO like the look of the MFR though.

• 4 years later...

Got this gun today, obviously not much experience but so far so good, bolt it a bit stiff but I'm not used to multshots yet! Beautifully gun and very well balanced, couldn't compare it to much as i haven't shot many other pcps

i have owned mine for about 1 year now love it to bits what you want to do to your air ranger first of is buy a Rowan engineering trigger they are 100 percent the best triggers for the air ranger and then you want to make it into a carbine by having the shroud cut down but not the barrel (you can take of max 7") it makes it look so much nicer heres a pic of mine look how much shorter it is and it has not altered the range or accuracy at all

imageirx.jpg

imageerc.jpg

its the new MTC VIPER CONNECT and the objective lens is only 32MM its designed so you can put your eye directly onto the eye peace, takes some getting used to as the scope needs to be so far back but its the best £250 i have ever spent

its the new MTC VIPER CONNECT and the objective lens is only 32MM its designed so you can put your eye directly onto the eye peace, takes some getting used to as the scope needs to be so far back but its the best £250 i have ever spent

ill go and have look...makes sense...my nv is setup like that looks abit unorthodox ....pretty trick though ... :good:

ill go and have look...makes sense...my nv is setup like that looks abit unorthodox ....pretty trick though ... :good:

best scope i have ever brought and i have brought a few and it lets so much light in the scope you can not really appreciate how good they are till you have looked through one

i have owned mine for about 1 year now love it to bits. What you want to do to your air ranger first of is buy a Rowan engineering trigger they are 100 percent the best triggers for the air ranger. and then you want to make it into a carbine by having the shroud cut down but not the barrel (you can take of max 7") it makes it look so much nicer heres a pic of mine look how much shorter it is and it has not altered the range or accuracy at all

imageerc.jpg

So the Air Ranger is what, round about £1000 ? And you need to buy an aftermarket trigger kit for to make it better :o

Sorry but I think some people have more money than sense.

I looked at buying an Air Ranger but can't see how/where it justifys the vast price difference between the Air Arms or BSA R10 or the german maker that I can't spell.

Rapids are good but there customer service is poor, they are moving premisis every 18 months or so it seems and i wouldnt be shocked if they were to go under.

Daystate excellent quality, excellet customer service, not likely to go bump any time soon and personally there wheapons are far better ! Iv owned both and will be sticking with Daystate. If my compo money is any good from a recent accident I plan to pick up a FAC Daystate to make 2 to the collection.

:good:

So the Air Ranger is what, round about £1000 ? And you need to buy an aftermarket trigger kit for to make it better :o

Sorry but I think some people have more money than sense.

I looked at buying an Air Ranger but can't see how/where it justifys the vast price difference between the Air Arms or BSA R10 or the german maker that I can't spell.

i can see exactly where you are coming from,yes i paid £1000 for the rifle on its own and yes it shoots exactly the same as my mates air arms s400 which he paid £425 new but what you get from a daystate that no other company offer is the best customer care and after sales service that you will NEVER GET FROM ANY OTHER COMPANY and its hard to describe but its the shooting experience and the smoothness you don't get from any other rifle thats what your paying for

Edited by andie