Team flush evening?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gutted, wish I lived closer. Its a shame this sort of thing never happens in the bristol area :no:

:no: Steve

Have a go at arranging it....See how many ppl would be interested...You'd be perfectly placed in bristol...I'd seriously consider it given plenty of notice...

Checked out my rota at work and i am rostered on. I have tried wriggling out of it but no joy, this means the very earliest i could get to NSG is 7:45pm. Is this of any use?

Had planned on starting at around 18:30 ish I'll have a chat with the gorund and see what time we can shoot till. I'm assuming no one minds if we do start a bit later?

I'm guessing that each flush of 75 birds will take somewhere between 2 and 5 minutes depending how frenetic we want the shooting. With a couple of minutes change over and much deserved abuse the whole sessions should run for 1 - 1.5 hours finishing up shooting around 20:00.

Another sign up tonight takes us to 13, two more would be nice to make 5 full teams, anyone else up for it?

Bakerboy

ColinF

HuffHuff

JustJon

LikeitLARGE

Major Disorder

pico

PhilR

RC45

Stealth Stalker

Super Sharp Shooter

twitchynik

Zaiyn

Not just open to the Northants crew, if you can make Northampton Shooting Ground on the 20th July 18:15 onwards then you're more than welcome to sign up. £31.00 by PayPal as a gift buys you a place with a bacon butty, cuppa tea and a change to shoot exploding clays to boot :good:

Thats harsh twitchynick but a good call :good: mk team is out to the clay ground tomorrow for practice and to discuss team tactics (shoot and reload fast)lol :P

There you go giving away our secret plans....Shhhhh!

Fancy actually admitting we're going to have a practise lol!

I've been on the rifles for the past few weeks only. I had a go with the shotgun and got the 'scarily bad' round out of the way on Saturday (I hope).

I wouldn't worry about the airgun thread Scott. Fortunately we are going out with shotguns.

The best tip PhilR mentioned was to try and avoid all being 'empty' at the same time.

Cheers all,

Z.

Edited by Zaiyn

So it seems that this little get together has turned into something more competetive attracting entries from across the country, so I'd like to announce that you will be fighting for :

The Major Disorder Inter-county Team Flush Cup to be presented to the winning team and held until the next event (if I go through this again I must have a major disorder...).

I spent a couple of hours at Northampton Shooting Ground this evening going over the evening. We will be shooting two different layouts (with no walking required between them for those that are infirm or bone idle :lol:)

Traditional Flush

Up to 8 traps throwing mainly driven and quartering targets ranging from the 120ft tower to low incomers.

The Mc Flurry

A mixture of Rabbits, Crows, Teals and other surprises using another 8 or so traps.

Each round you will be shooting at 75 targets including some bonus exploding clays (5 per team in total). Each exploding clay hit will add 10 points to your team score giving a maximum score possible of 350 over the four rounds.

A couple of boxes of these arrived today :good:

IMAG1039.jpg

Semi autos are actively encouraged :yes: (no FAC though please) and we'll hopefully have at least one per team. If we end up with an odd number of shooters (not full teams) we'll add a bonus shooter (or handicap which everway you see it) to each team's round. So if there's a team with four shooters for example you'll shoot at 100 clays rather than 75.

With the light being as it is we should aim to turn up between 18:00 and 18:30 for a quick cuppa and bacon roll. Shooting to start around 18:45 and will run till around 20:30 with a break between layouts.

If anyone fancies a drink (bottled / canned beers) afterwards the club house has a limited selection, otherwise I can book us all in to a local pub / restuarant for a meal / drinks?

Finally, if shooting at 300 clays isn't enough for you there will be an opportunity to shoot some extreme targets if you fancy it at the end of the night for a couple of quid. If you've ever fancied having a pop at a 70 yard 120ft high crosser then this might be the night to have a crack!

If you're not signed up let me know if you fancy coming via PM and I'll send you payment details.