Team flush evening?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With less than 24 hours to go I'm guessing everyone has packed a slab of cartridges in the car, dusted off the David Haye style excuses and got their guns ready :good:

There's still one space available for any last minute entrant, just let me know tonight.

If there's still an empty slot tomorrow we've got a couple of choices what to do.

a ) Have a two man team shooting, they will have 50 birds to shoot at at a time.

b ) Add a fourth member to the current three man teams for two of the four rounds. That would mean that for two of the rounds we would shoot at 100 birds rather than the 75 in a standard round.

B is my preferred approach since it gives a couple of hard core 100 bird rounds too and the two floaters (I'm one of them) will also get a team experience. :D

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow.... bring it on.

Edited by majordisorder

hi guys was only going to watch but if your one short can bring gear with me.but dont think i will get untill 7ish.if this is ok let me know.ps do i bring o/u and semi or just semi?

Hey, that's great with 5 teams the first rounds won't have finished until after 7 anyway, so you can join my team if you like and we'll wait for you. I'll pm you my mobile number, just give me a ring tomorrow to let me know your eta :good:

Bring whatever you like to shoot with or even use a different gun each round, it's up to you :yes:

So ****** I missed this.

Sorry guys, bairly been able to look at a pc screen, hopefully my message got passed along. Sure none of you wanted my sore throat, bad head, sweats, chills, dizziness, tiredness and general bad mood :blink:

Was really looking forward to this one :no:

So sorry, especially to Scott for letting the team down and major disorder to all the prep work he put in!

Very enjoyable evening that! Great to meet some new faces. Big thanks to majordisorder for organising a really good shoot and also to the shooting ground staff :good: Definitely having some of that again!

Here's a couple of quick pics, more to come from huffhuff as well.

5959049245_c400db680d_o.jpg

5959612172_66459e3c0f_o.jpg

5959049461_fa9cdb21e5_o.jpg

5959612244_59a953f60f_o.jpg

Well Jon you missed a great night . A big thanks to majordisorder for sorting it out and all that attended.

The Banned-it's only dropped 30 out of 300 but this was not good enuf to take trophy.

Is it true the old codgers only missed 17?

Fantastic night out, and a must for another.

Great bunch of lads and nice to put name to faces, even though everyone has 2 names of course.

A great big thank you to majordisorder for organising the night, everyone is looking forward to the next one, which may be organised by huffhuff and twitchynic?

The scores were close, but unfortunately for all the young whippersnappers not close enough to the 2 old boys and Colinf. I would like to thank young Colinf for his "care in the community" responsibility by looking after Philr and me

Looking forward to seeing bens and nic's hundreds of photo's.

Roll on the next one.

So ****** I missed this.

Sorry guys, bairly been able to look at a pc screen, hopefully my message got passed along. Sure none of you wanted my sore throat, bad head, sweats, chills, dizziness, tiredness and general bad mood :blink:

Was really looking forward to this one :no:

So sorry, especially to Scott for letting the team down and major disorder to all the prep work he put in!

Hope you are feelimg a better.

Well here's the official report for the Team Flush night at Northampton Shooting Grounds.

There was alomost a full turn out with everyone arriving by around 18:30 including the last minute entry by Road Runner :good: After a bit of banter including a guide to the best local lay-bys for walking your dog from Stealth Stalker, the five teams were agreed as:

The Banned-its - LikeItLarge, Zaiyn, Super Sharp Shooter

No Name - Pico, Nimms, Road Runner

No Mates - RC45, Major Disorder

The Vets - Bakerboy, ColinF, PhilR

Holy Trap - Huffhuff, Twitchynik, Stealth Stalker

Roy, Pete and Martine from NSG were ready and waiting for us and we set off down the ground to the first layout which was a pretty awesome flurry.

The first team up was The Banned-its and they were the first to shoot at a great mix of targets coming off about a dozen traps. Three rabbits, a pair of quartering birds, an exploding incomer, a couple of teals and the odd whizzy midi crosser made for some frenetic shooting from all the teams.

Round 1 ended with The Banned-its and The Vets missing just 6 out of 75 targets, with Holy Trap losing 10 and the team with No Name 15.... RC45 and I missed 9 of our 50 but still had a great crack. Each team managed to hit the exploding clay too ensuring another 10 points in the kitty :good:

5959049245_c400db680d_o.jpg

Round two on the same layout saw an improvement for everyone with The Vets leading the way, missing just 4 of the 75 in that round. Bakerboy, displayed some great "from the hip" shooting to save a couple of birds that I thought were gonners. Unfortunatley, the team with No Name missed one of their exploding targets and dropped 10 points giving them a bit of a mountain to climb.

A much needed break for bacon rolls and coffee came next and a chance to let the smoking guns cool off a bit too.

Rounds 3 and 4 were to be some pretty tasty driven targets, some of which were some seriously quick midis!

No Mates & No Name shot first and missed 21 & 20 respectively, then the Pros took their turn with the Vets missing 4, the Banned-its missing 3 and Holy Trap putting in an amazing display of co-ordinated shooting with only 1 miss :o

For the final round the cages were moved back 10m to give me a better chance of hitting something :no:

Another amazing display of shooting by Holy Trap and The Vets mean that they tied for first place missing just 17 targets out of 300, some shooting guys!! The Banned-its lost out in the last round missing their final exploding clay which cost them 10 points.

A last minute shoot-off between The Vets and Holy Trap to decide the cup winners left BakerBoy, ColinF and PhilR the deserved Champions of the night, well done chaps.

A quick presentation of the "Major Disorder Inter-County Team Flush Cup" along with winners medals and then it was off to the Aviator for a few jars, it's a shame we missed the food service by 5 minutes though :no: as I was starving by then.....

Thanks again to everyone for the support and signing up to the night. I think the general concensus was that we should run another one sometime soon :good:

A few of my pics..........

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

Edited by majordisorder