Team flush evening?

Whilst having an incredibly boring drive home from work this evening I thought about arranging a Team Flush event (as you do).

Since there seems to be quite load of members in the Northants / Beds / Bucks area would anyone fancy something along the lines of:

Mid week, 18:30-19:00 ish start

3 man teams

4 or 5 flushes per team (maybe over two different layouts)

50 - 60 birds / flush

Cost somewhere between £20 and £30 to include a cuppa and a bacon roll. Would probably need around 5 or 6 teams to make it fun / viable for the ground.

Anyone in?

Edited by majordisorder

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So got enough for 3 teams at the moment, hopefully a bit more interest over the weekend as I'll be having a chat with the ground owner on Sunday to see what options there are for dates.

Any dates people can't do?

One of 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th July will hopefully be possible, if not I'll pop some over dates up to, may be stretching into August.

So got enough for 3 teams at the moment, hopefully a bit more interest over the weekend as I'll be having a chat with the ground owner on Sunday to see what options there are for dates.

Any dates people can't do?

One of 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th July will hopefully be possible, if not I'll pop some over dates up to, may be stretching into August.

21st and 28th, are a no go for me, sorry

Coming on numbers wise, so far we've got a provisional yes from:

MD + 1

bakerboy

RC45

cosmicblue

sprinter

butchdickason + 2

handy4454

huffhuff

JustJon

twitchynik

pico

Zaiyn

I'll find out tomorrow how many we actually need for the ground to run it. Got enough for 4 teams at the moment, might need another 1 or 2 two get it viable but I'll let you all know sometime tomorrow night.

Edited by majordisorder

Had a chat with the guys at the ground (Northampton Shooting Ground) about setting this up and we've come up with a couple of possible dates (w/c 11/7, 18/7, 15/8, 29/8) which I'll set up as a poll on another thread.

Here's the plan.

Arrive around 18:00 for an 18:30 (ish) start on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

Tea / Coffee / Bacon roll etc.

Move to first layout for a 75 bird flush * 2 (mixture of driven, crossers and loopers etc)

Move to second layout for a 75 bird flurry * 2 (mixture of crows, rabbits, teals etc)

Finish up with another cuppa or three, beers available too if you like (at extra cost).

So each team of three will "see" (and hopefully hit) 300 birds (4 * 75 bird rounds), so bring plenty of cartridges.

We need at least 12 people @ £30 to get this booked (about 15 have expressed an interest so far) so once the dates are agreed I'll be asking for payment to secure the evening. Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Pete

Had a chat with the guys at the ground (Northampton Shooting Ground) about setting this up and we've come up with a couple of possible dates (w/c 11/7, 18/7, 15/8, 29/8) which I'll set up as a poll on another thread.

Here's the plan.

Arrive around 18:00 for an 18:30 (ish) start on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

Tea / Coffee / Bacon roll etc.

Move to first layout for a 75 bird flush * 2 (mixture of driven, crossers and loopers etc)

Move to second layout for a 75 bird flurry * 2 (mixture of crows, rabbits, teals etc)

Finish up with another cuppa or three, beers available too if you like (at extra cost).

So each team of three will "see" (and hopefully hit) 300 birds (4 * 75 bird rounds), so bring plenty of cartridges.

We need at least 12 people @ £30 to get this booked (about 15 have expressed an interest so far) so once the dates are agreed I'll be asking for payment to secure the evening. Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Pete

I can do any all or any of those dates, so count me in, I am away now until end of June, so just let me know what is happening, I will forward any monies on my return.

Cheers and a BIG THANK YOU

Terry