Team flush evening?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst having an incredibly boring drive home from work this evening I thought about arranging a Team Flush event (as you do).

Since there seems to be quite load of members in the Northants / Beds / Bucks area would anyone fancy something along the lines of:

Mid week, 18:30-19:00 ish start

3 man teams

4 or 5 flushes per team (maybe over two different layouts)

50 - 60 birds / flush

Cost somewhere between £20 and £30 to include a cuppa and a bacon roll. Would probably need around 5 or 6 teams to make it fun / viable for the ground.

Anyone in?

What is a 'Team Flush' ?

Im sure it's not a return to roman style communial toileting :no::lol:

What is a 'Team Flush' ?

Im sure it's not a return to roman style communial toileting :no::lol:

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but for those of you that do not know what a flush is...

Basically, it's a simulated 'driven shoot'. By that, I mean there are a bunch of traps that fire the clays in a predetermined sequence (it's better when you can't see the traps). So what we're talking about here is a 3 gun flush of 75 birds. So in one 'drive', a total of 75 clays will be put up. It is then up to you how many and where you shoot (you shoot as quick as you can reload). As it is supposed to simulate a driven shoot, it will mean sometimes there are too many clays in the air - and sometimes maybe 1 or 2 for the three of you to argue over (then miss completely). A proper good flush can simulate pheasant, partridge, grouse and even duck. You'll have a mix of quartering, high, fast, slow birds - just as if you were standing on the line on a real drive!

It's a frenzy of fumbling loads, easy misses and lots of banging. It's bloody good fun, gets the adrenaline flowing...but can be very cartridge hungry!

Edited by huffhuff

Hi,

Just hoping that everyone who expressed an interest votes for a date. At the moment either the 19th or 20th of July is looking prime. Will confirm a day in the next 24 hours or so and then will be asking for payments to secure the date.

As mentioned we need at least 12 people to run this night so the sooner payments are recevied the sooner I can confirm the night. If for any reason we don't get enough numbers then I will of course make an immediate refund to everyone who's paid. Just waiting on confirmation from the Mods as to which payment method I can ask for via PayPal.

Cheers all

Pete

So Wednesday the 20th of July it is then. I've confirmed the date with Northampton Shooting Ground this evening and as long as we get at least 12 shooters we'll be set for a great series of flushes and flurries :good:

The eveing will consist of:

Arrive around 18:00 for an 18:30 (ish) start.

Pre shoot snacks :yes: Tea / Coffee / Bacon roll.

Move to first layout for a 75 bird flush * 2 (mixture of driven, crossers and loopers etc)

Move to second layout for a 75 bird flurry * 2 (mixture of crows, rabbits, teals etc)

Finish up with another cuppa or three, beers available too if you like (at extra cost).

So each team of three will "see" (and hopefully hit) 300 birds (4 * 75 bird rounds), so bring plenty of cartridges.

Total cost for the evening is £31.00 (the extra pound being for a little surprise on the night) payable by PayPal (pm me for details).

I've spoken to the Mods and they're happy to agree that "PayPal as a gift" can be used on this occasion to keep the cost down.

In the event of the night being cancelled I will of course make a full refund to everyone who has paid.

So if you've expressed and interest now is the time to put your money where your mouth is and book your entry. If you can get funds to me ASAP we'll get this booked in and ready to go :yes:

So far confirmed and paid up:

Bakerboy (on hols but def coming)

ColinF

HuffHuff

JustJon

Major Disorder

PhilR

RC45

Stealth Stalker

twitchynik

Zaiyn

So that's 10 already, 2 more guarantees the night, but the more the merrier! If I've missed you out please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

So far confirmed and paid up:

ColinF

HuffHuff

JustJon

Major Disorder

pico

PhilR

RC45

Stealth Stalker

twitchynik

Zaiyn

So that's 11 already, 1 more guarantees the night, but the more the merrier! If I've missed you out please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

So we've now got the 12 required so the night is definitely on!!!! Let's see if we can make another team or three to make it interesting and a night to remember :good:

ColinF

HuffHuff

JustJon

Major Disorder

pico

PhilR

RC45

Stealth Stalker

Super Sharp Shooter

twitchynik

Zaiyn

Not just open to the Northants crew, if you can make Northampton Shooting Ground on the 20th July 18:15 onwards then you're more than welcome to sign up. £31.00 by PayPal as a gift buys you a place :D

Edited by majordisorder