Chuffed

Blunderbuss

My daughter phoned a couple of hours ago with the results of her finals. She's been doing veterinary medicine at Nottingham for the last five years and has has worked like a Trojan for all that time. First class honours! :smartass::D I left school at 16 to join the army and am thick as mince, I went to a rubbish school which I hated and no one in my family has ever been to university :blush: To say I'm proud of her achievement doesn't even come close to explaining how I feel! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm home alone coz the Mrs is away to collect my son from uni (first year) for the summer. So I celebrated by taking the HMR for a walk (vet or not she couldn't have helped the 5 bunnies I came across), and am now getting stuck into a a bottle of Merlot. We're all together tomorrow so we can have a proper family celebration.

Scuse my bragging, but I needed to get this off my chest!

Its been a good day all round and I am now going to get slowly leathered :)

Edited by Blunderbuss

Well done to her from me Dave...Kids are a personification of their parents :yes:

I think you are being a bit unkind to that mince though :lol::lol:

Im hoping for the same from My eldest Girl Rebecca, next year is her final Physiotherapy degree and its looking good so far..

I have to remind myself what I was achieving at her age...not a kin lot :lol::lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Congratulations to your daughter!

Nottingham University's Veterinary Degree course has just received RCVS accreditation so just an oath and graduation to go!

What sort of vet does she want to be? Has she got a job yet?

:good:

We've got tickets for the oath and graduation, cant wait! No job yet but leaning towards a farm animal practice.

Mike, cheers - look forward to celebrating with you when Rebbeca gets her results.

The guy that I was articled to had a 1st class hons degree in law from a red brick uni and from back in the day.

Brightest and nicest bloke I ever had the good fortune to meet.

He's still alive, I still see him and he made a few bob along the way as well ;)

We've got tickets for the oath and graduation, cant wait! No job yet but leaning towards a farm animal practice.

Best of luck with the job hunting. It's a very exciting time.

There are a few farm animal jobs in this weeks Vet Record!

:D

Best of luck with the job hunting. It's a very exciting time.

There are a few farm animal jobs in this weeks Vet Record!

:D

It's bean a hectic week, she had her vet revue the other night then a cocktail party at the senior lecturers house. Most of her year group are off to Turkey on holiday together in a few weeks, she's really looking forward to that, they're a brilliant bunch. She's toyed with working for an animal charity in Africa for a year, SPANA or something like that, but seems quite laid back about proper job hunting, they all do! She's worked so hard and is so relived at just passing, i don't want to hassle her about job hunting. If it was me I being stressing about it, but she's really chilled. I'm sure it will all work out OK.

Edited by Blunderbuss