******* hate ebay I do

v5uk

I had a two tier Rabbit hutch on ebay that I used for my ferrets, I’ve since built a shed with a mesh out door part attached to it, so the hutch was no longer needed.

Hutch went on ebay.

Loads of questions and it sold.

Not even 24 hours after the end of the auction, the person who won it has told me that the rabbit escaped and was got by the next door neighbour’s dog.

Two things – I don’t care that your rabbit got eaten by a dog; you agreed to ebays rules so get your hand in your pocket, buy the hutch and get another rabbit, they breed like bunnies anyway so no shortage.

And if your gonna be so dumb to let your rabbit escape from its hutch then you don’t deserve to have one anyway, last time I looked rabbits aren’t the most cleverest of animals, I’m sure it didn’t pick the lock to escape, what was its name Houdini???

This is what I want to write back to them but cant grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But the next person in the list is a few quid less than the winning bidder so I lose out, I know its only a few quid but even so I still lose out

And the not being able to leave him the feedback he deserves is killing me lol

But the next person in the list is a few quid less than the winning bidder so I lose out, I know its only a few quid but even so I still lose out

Hi

2 things: First you send him a Mutual Bid Retraction notice to complete. That way you get your FV fees back.

Next - once he has cooperated get his/her positive + feedback - Then if they're selling buy, blank em & neg (very cruel+ against TOS)

or simply give em a positive + feedback but make sure you tell other sellers what ***** they are - all in caps naturally. :)

Edited by claypop

I was selling a couple of things on there recently, and got a bid for one of the items. Next time I looked, the bid was gone :blink: . The bidder had retracted the bid as they'd "Entered the wrong amount". Yeh right... I looked at their fleabay member history and they've made 24 (!) bid retractions in the last 6 months!

Contacted fleabay to complain and got some pathetic generic response telling me to contact the bidder to ask why they'd retracted!

Idiots. Blocked that member from ever bidding on my items again.

Life is way to short, just stick it back on eBay, no need to plan how to be vindictive.The guy backed out of a sale he hasn't committed murder!

yep but its still annoying, I wouldn't let it get to me I'd just leave positive feedback suggesting failing to go through with sales was a bit female front bottomish

Ebay is annoying, they have removed me and my mum from ebay, we have always paid for everything we ever bought, always gave feedback, I didnt pay my fees once because I sold a boat on there and they wanted to pull my pants down over the fees, (over £100) so I disputed it, next thing my account was shut down, and they closed my mums down too as she was an "association" with me. ****** Never get my business again.

I can't live without eBay - I literally buy everything on there.

Hate to say it, but if you sell stuff on eBay and don't calculate their fees, then you're going to get a surprise. However ANY auction place is going to charge you commission, so don't think this is a one off.

I'd be intrigued to find out how much an auction house would charge you for your boat, Jimbo. How much did it sell for, if you don't mind me asking.

Edited by Billy.

I had the opposite as a buyer,put a offer on a generator,won it after 2 hours on a silly bid seller wanted a bank transfer,I said I would pay cash on pick up then made numerous attempts to pick up,always a excuse so as I was getting wise it may be a scam as was advertised every where the seller with drew item with a text and then started getting emails from eBay saying I ad to pay for item but after a transcript conversation with eBay it's now sorted as they can suspend account,the seller said he was unsure about how to do the mutual retraction ,I think he's a scaming #### operating on his phone if he can sell it twice he would be doing well

I can't live without eBay - I literally buy everything on there.

Hate to say it, but if you sell stuff on eBay and don't calculate their fees, then you're going to get a surprise. However ANY auction place is going to charge you commission, so don't think this is a one off.

I'd be intrigued to find out how much an auction house would charge you for your boat, Jimbo. How much did it sell for, if you don't mind me asking.

It sold for £3000 Billy.

It sold for £3000 Billy.

I did a bit of reverse eBay fees and thought it was around that...

Seeing as Auction house fees float around 8-20% plus VAT on top, you actually got a much better deal selling it on eBay.

So all in all, you would have saved money just paying the eBay fees and wouldn't have lost your account and feeling like you got treated badly.

:oops:

Edited by Billy.

Jesus wept, lol, thing is when you get the bill you like........what!!!! lol

You'll find that it's easier on the brain for an auction house to hand you the £2,400-£2,700 in cash, than to be invoiced for £100 a month after a £3000 sale :rolleyes:

Time to set up a new eBay account, I think ;)

How can you lose out by letting the second chance bidder buy it? You can't lose what you've never had! :no:

And if the high bidder had been out of the equation the second chance amount is what you would have got anyway. File a non-paying bidder claim or give the secod guy the chance of it.

I bet they wont let me have one, I tried afterwards and it got shut down. Gaylords!

Hmm... You'd have to go down the route of changing your IP address and registering on a different card/address.

Other than that, write them an email, apologising and ask if you can be given another chance.