Problem with CZ brno

Stealth Stalker

I've a problem zeroing my cz

I took the wood off to discover the swivel stud protruding through the fore end and touching the barrel.

So I took it out and ground the tip down, I also sanded the inner wood, so the barrel is now floating.

I put some tippex on the inside of the mod, and the bullet dose seem to be clipping the mod.

What can I do about this?

Cheers

SS

what ammo?

have you checked that your new scope is mounted properly, and that none of the screws have worked loose. Action screws want to be done up firmly but not over tight.

Unfortunatly the CZ's are tempermental, i have found this, its frustrating but once sorted they are a 1st class gun.

i would give the gun a good clean, avoid cci ammo, try some eley subs and winchester. if you have problems with accuracy then remove silencer to make sure its not that. Then as i seem to recall you fitted a new scope, try putting the old one on incase your new scope is faulty.

Its a case of fault finding unfortunatly.

also check that the stock is still free floated when being shot off the bipod and that the stock isnt flexing.

Dunganick

I'm using winchester subsonics

The bullets are definatley clipping the mod, there's a clear line about 4mm wide in the tippex mark :/

Is it a case of drilling the mod out a bit?

I bought the rifle second hand and didn't have another scope on it, so I 've been waiting ages to get the leupold scope from the States.

Your right its bl**dy frustrating! I hit 5 bunnys with it the other day, gave it a clean, now I can't hit a barn door!

Cheers

SS

what mod?

it looked like an SAK in the picture, which i believe is a machined 2 piece mod so clipping would not be down to the silencer (unless the thread is dodgy)

i would suggest that the thread on your gun is either not true to the bore or that your silencers thread is not true.

What is confusing is that you said it used to shoot well untill you cleaned it. I wounder if maybe you have managed to cross the thread on your silencer and barrel.

what age is the gun out of intrest. As modern CZ's are screw cut in most models from the factory and are pretty much bang on. Where as if it has been screw cut by a shop then they may have done a bad job of it. (common mistake im told is that they align the thread with the barrel not the bore , problem being most bores dont run straight through the centre of the barrel)

Dunganick

It is a sak

This is the first time I've really shot the rifle, I did put a cheap simmons scope on it months ago and couldn't get it to group, so I decided to get a good scope.

Seems like it was the rifle all along

The rabbits the other day was obviously a fluke.

I don't know how old it is although I'd be confident in saying its not a modern version.

Would drilling the mod be the answer?

Cheers

SS

trip to a gunshop, and get a competent gunsmith to look at it, he should be able to tell you if the mod is at fault or the thread on the gun is. and should also be able to fix it.

if its an older model i expect that it has been threaded after production. (you call it a brno, so it most likely is older)

i wouldnt recomend using the gun anymore while the silencer is being clipped, you stand a chance of sending the silencer down range if your not carefull.

i might suggest that if you bought it from a gunshop then you might like to question them about it.

Have you tried zeroing it without the mod on?

At least that way you will know if the rifle is OK. I shoot a lot of targets with a .22 Anschutz supermatch and have found that after cleaning it it takes about 50 rounds to settle down.

Therefore I don't clean it very often. There should be no need to clean a rimfire if you are using lead bullets as they are normally coated with a lubricant which in turn protects the bore.

Copper coated bullets are a different story.

Cheers

Martin