Where can I take it next?

Rich106

So my HW100 wasn't working I took it to my local RFD and they got the gunsmith to take a look and he said the regulator need to be rebuilt. After 8 day I got it back and it was only doing 0.9 ft lbs. The second repair took 4 weeks and it then was shooting 7 ft lbs. Finally he said he tweaked it and the RFD said it was doing 11.4 ft lbs. I got it back home and chronoed it myself to 6.6 ft lbs.

So after £65, lots of phone calls and 5 weeks and my gun still not fixed I no longer want to deal with them. I will ask for a refund because they have not provided me with a service (fixing my gun).

If they refuse to refund and say they will repair it where can I take it from there? Is there anyone who is above all RFD to keep them in line or am I out of luck?

Thanks.

I am not aware of anyone above them. Send a letter asking for refund and then to Small Claims Court. Easy to do, but you will need to prove your case.

Do you have bills stating what was repaired and to what standard? Do you have independent evidence it has not been done properly?

So my HW100 wasn't working

where can I take it from there? Thanks.

HW100's don't just ,"not work" :hmm::hmm:

I would take it to some one who's chrono is proved to work and get a second opinion. If your chrono has a problem, you will know straight away. If you have two chrono's that agree the gunsmith hasn't put it right, then take it up with them.

nothing is tamperproof :)

if you are not very good at working on them yourself i would send it back to hull cartridge for a repair/service

best place to see how the HW100 strips is youtube .......... but dont strip it unless you know what your doing .

I have a HW100 and the Only place that goes to for Repair / Service is Hull Cartridge

As aware they are the Only ones that have Service Kits and Spares

Normally turned around and returned within a week

And with Full Warranty - Service

BOB/R

if mine was broken and i needed to get it fixed by someone i would send it to

HULL CARTRIDGE COMPANY LIMITED

Bontoft Avenue, National Avenue,

Hull, England HU5 4HZ.

Telephone: +44 (0) 1482 342756

Fax: +44 (0) 1482 346103

Email: sales@hullcartridge.co.uk

Under the Sale of Goods Act, if something is not of ‘satisfactory quality’ you have the right have it replaced or repaired free. You can ask the retailer to do either, but it can normally choose to do whichever would be cheapest.

If the retailer refuses to repair the goods, you may have the right to arrange for someone else to repair it and then claim compensation from the retailer for the cost of doing this.

If it can neither repair or replace the item, you can either have your money back minus an amount for the use you have had of it, or keep the item and get a reduction on the price you paid.

You have six years to take a claim to court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland

HW100s are regged.

These gunsmiths seem really incompetant! Why return guns to customers so low powered and then have to lie about having put it right. One thought though, if they say its 11.4 and yours say less, could your chrono be wrong.

If you told us where you are, you may get suggestions for putting it right.