Out of test Dive Bottle

Dan73

Hi all,

Hopefully a simple one - I'm thinking of selling my air rifle kit (it just doesn't get used anymore!) and part of what I would look to offload is my dive bottle which is currently out of test.

- Can I sell an out of test dive bottle????? or must it be in test to be passed on???

Cheers all - hopefully its not too daft a question, I'm just not sure if there's any legislation on selling these.

Dan73

The problem you will have is when you are selling the bottle out of test, is you won't get much for it, as the risk is with the buyer. If the tank fails test you don't get the bottle back or you get it back cut in half so it can't be used.

If a bottle is out of test, no shop will fill it, due to the risk of the bottle exploding if there is a weakness or flaw in the bottle.

As some of you know, I work in the cylinder gas industry, and can confirm the advise of previous posts.

It is not illegal to sell an out of test cylinder, but its value will be deminished to that of scrap value as the cost of re test and risk of failure, cost of test etc. will rest on the purchacer.

It is illegal to fill an out of test cylinder.

Filling plant operators have been killed when internally corroded / out of test cylinders have been filled.

I would suggest that you have your cylinder tested and certified prior to sale.

webber

Not forgetting that Dive use Bottles - Din or A-Clamp Need Testing every Two years

Where a Air Gun Valve is every Five Years as can not be used in Water

Most Test Centre can do a Exchange prgramme for Heads

Got to be Viable within first Five Years :good:

BOB/R