Vermin Control

boneheaduk

What criminal record.

Going to the aid of an elder person who is being attact is hardly going to get me a criminal record.

Thank god everyone does not think like you.

Interesting, I go out, and start fighting with these people, police get called to a disturbance in the street, if it goes on that long, arrested etc, while they investigate if they choose to press charges for assault, I may still at least get a caution, but that still goes on my CRB.

I may be aquitted and let off, but who knows in this day of age. Good samaritans, have in the past, taken full punishment.

Interesting, I go out, and start fighting with these people, police get called to a disturbance in the street, if it goes on that long, arrested etc, while they investigate if they choose to press charges for assault, I may still at least get a caution, but that still goes on my CRB.

I may be aquitted and let off, but who knows in this day of age. Good samaritans, have in the past, taken full punishment.

I dont think that you are helping your self here mate. You saw an old man getting a pasting from youths. First natural response is to want to help the poor man isnt it???. He was in immediate need of help. You may have lost your job? Any job that would sack me for helping out an old man getting a kicking I wouldnt want! The poor sod could have been killed.

Good samaritans do sometimes find themselves in the dock but its about being true to yourself. If he'd died whilst you were running through the potential doom and gloom scenarios you would feel like a right ****.

Nobodys saying you should have gone out there and brayed the ***** to within an inch of their lives.

I dont think that you are helping your self here mate. You saw an old man getting a pasting from youths. First natural response is to want to help the poor man isnt it???. He was in immediate need of help. You may have lost your job? Any job that would sack me for helping out an old man getting a kicking I wouldnt want! The poor sod could have been killed.

Good samaritans do sometimes find themselves in the dock but its about being true to yourself. If he'd died whilst you were running through the potential doom and gloom scenarios you would feel like a right ****.

Nobodys saying you should have gone out there and brayed the ***** to within an inch of their lives.

Ok you're right, here is the full account of what happened, this may seem like I am back tracking, but then that is you opinion. late last night the dog went mad, and the MRS went down stairs to check, during this time I heard a commotion outside, where I live a lot of drunks returning from a pub come down, so I just put it down to that, something sounded wrong so I got out of bed and had a look, saw what was happening, rang 999 while getting my jeans, on and went down stairs, gave the phone to the MRS and explained, by the time I got outside, the purpotrators where half down the street, as I have previously stated I had recognised them quite readily. So my main priority was making sure the old man was ok. He wandered off telling me to call the police, to which I explained I already had.

He later turned up with his family to ask if there was any cctv. They then took him to hospital, they said thanks, and that indicates more, to me, than your views. Though I appreciate your views, otherwise I wouldnt have put this on a public forum

If any of you would have then pursued them and given them a beating fair, enough, that's your choice, your decision, I didnt choose that path. I chose to inform the police and put to use the fact I can identify them.

I understand that all these comments are from my OP and that didn't cover all the facts, if after these you still think i'm a *****, a selfish **** thn with all due respect, your opinion doesn't matter to me. I belive I did right.

Edit: I should probably also add when, I mentioned point 1 in the original post that would have been intervening in the beating, but I figured call the police first, then go out, even so the time I did waste calling the police prior to passing the phone could only have been 30seconds - a minute, including getting dressed.

Edited by boneheaduk

Read your posts before you post mate. From what you said in your OP you left an old man to get a kicking because you were worried about your job and certs. What are people meant to think?? Dont start getting the **** when people jump in based on the facts that you have given in your OP

Your last post paints a different picture, one where there was little you could do other than what you actually did.

Nice going, hope the old fella is okay.

Well then, you did exactly what I would have done. You called the police and went to his aid.

Had you said this in your OP you would have saved yourself much agro.

None of us were saying you should have chased the thugs down the road and thumped them. We just said you should have gone to his aid which you clearly did.

Job done, congratulations, you did the right thing.

You may have lost your job? Any job that would sack me for helping out an old man getting a kicking I wouldnt want! The poor sod could have been killed.

Well losing my job maybe a little exaggerated, but I need regular CRB checks, and any assault entries, will cause hassel at the least especially when I work with vulnerable people and in the future hope to work with kids.

If it was as you say then I would say that you did the rite thing seeing off some kids is one thing but a load of drunk's is another thing all together they do not now or care what they are doing unless you are very handy with your fists its best to keep away from people like that.

They're jobless vermin. I see them quite regularly, Monday I was in the local shop at 11am and they were p1ssed up then [edit, whether they were drunk last night or on drugs i do not know], arguing and being damn right insolent.

But one thing is I am truthful to my word, what I wrote is what happened. I fully see your possible point of view and that of others, after some of the replies made, it would seem that I am trying to hold face, but am not.

I am not the greatest fighter, in the world but am able to hold my own. But certainly am not a "gutless wonder" as you put it :P , though I see, the light my OP put me in.

Edited by boneheaduk