WELSH GAME FAIR LLANDEILO

steve_b_wales

I have just had a phone call off my mate who is on the committee of the above gamefair, and he has advised me NOT to go there tomorrow.

He said that everyone is 'up to their knees' in mud, and a lot of the traders are packing up and heading for home. He also said that even 4x4 vehicles are waiting to be towed out by tractors.

So sadly, for the first time in 10 years, I won't be going. I'm gutted to be honest.

Bloody British & WELSH weather. :no: :( :mad:

I was going tomorrow, think i won't bother now :no:

Went a few yrs back they were towing everything out with tractors and Stopped people parking on site, we parked about 1/2 mile up the road and walked in.

Like most Country fairs its all changed alot (like boot fair now )

Shame really :/

Bry

Blimey its not that bad! just got back infact the weather was start stop rain got there just before 1 and with wellies it was fine (not suitable for wheel and push chairs mind! 4x4 getting stuck? I blame the drivers! saw a new Disco spin out but got it back (Corsa's Fiesta's etc all fine) RWD cars and vans struggled and the tractors weren't being particularly gentle.

I have been to much bigger events in far worse weather try Builth for the Royal Welsh or MAlvern for the 3 Counties after heavy rain! Horse boxes are far worse in the mud. If you have a 4x4 and know how to drive it could be fun! (Saw a couple of Imprezzas that had enjoyed the exit roads!

The "morracan Lamb" Pasties in the food tent were divine just watch out for guy selling olives! £.99for 250g (nice olives) only when he loads up a tub it's £10!

BAr was £3 a pint which isnt too bad just a shame there wasnt a decent beer tent serving proper stuff just mass market crud.

My mate (the one who phoned me about the gamefair) told me earlier,that his friend waited almost two hours to be towed out of the mud, and he had a 4x4!

:hmm: Still need to know how to drive it! They seemed poor prepared for heavy traffic areas (and its not like we havent had some heavy rain in the last few days. Suprised there wasnt matting down around the main arena and they were letting

Clay shoot was very disappointing badly advertised and poorly staffed IMO. The WCTSA were there but seemingly nothing to do with the clay shooting very odd indeed!

Edited by HDAV