12' Beachcaster

Daveo26

Well i have a

Abu Stigma 13'

Leeda 2XL 12'

Daiwa Long Beam Beach 16'

Les Moncreif Spring-heel 12'6''

Out of them i would recomend the Daiwa and the Abu. If you pendulum cast the abu is brilliant as long rods dont load well.

If you look at those or the other rods id like to aquire are a ziplex and a sonik.

The sonik lines may be perfect for you!

Well i have a

Abu Stigma 13'

Leeda 2XL 12'

Daiwa Long Beam Beach 16'

Les Moncreif Spring-heel 1

Out of them i would recomend the Daiwa and the Abu. If you pendulum cast the abu is brilliant as long rods dont load well.

If you look at those or the other rods id like to aquire are a ziplex and a sonik.

The sonik lines may be perfect for you!

Gordon Bennett, that's a blast from the past - Les Moncreif - is he still about? He was The Man when I bought my Hardy 2 to 4oz Longbow - still the best rod for keeping peeler crab on the hook when casting for bass - fibre glass or not

Gordon Bennett, that's a blast from the past - Les Moncreif - is he still about? He was The Man when I bought my Hardy 2 to 4oz Longbow - still the best rod for keeping peeler crab on the hook when casting for bass - fibre glass or not

I thought the big man Lesley Moncrief died many years ago, his was the reverse taper butt for beachcasters as far as I can recall. I watched a short piece of video of him and Mike Shepley catching halibut in Hoy Sound Orkney circa late 60s I think.

Blackpowder

I thought the big man Lesley Moncrief died many years ago, his was the reverse taper butt for beachcasters as far as I can recall. I watched a short piece of video of him and Mike Shepley catching halibut in Hoy Sound Orkney circa late 60s I think.

Blackpowder

Thats the rod i have got 2n of them, still going strong.

Still using a 12 foot conoflex ( cod 6 I think, ) God I've just realised it's over 20 years old! Shows it's quality though, or the fact that I'm a tight old ***!

Terrible ain't it! Got the Longbow 2nd hand (just) - one armed man bought it to see if he could manage it but couldn't after all - in - wait for it - 1969.

I have just broken my fishing rod whilst returning from a very sucessful weekend in Anglesey.

I an after a 12' beachcaster a 3 piece! I was thinking about a Stiffi Beachcaster Rod They look ok??

Can anyone suggest a decent rod/ online shop?

https://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/catalog/

Speak to dan and he will sort you out a decent beachcaster based on a budget you have. If you go to the store though you can then physically handle the rod to see if it feels right.

I have a stiffi beachcaster. Got it as my first rod years ago. It's okay. It fishes but bite detection is poor and the rod is as it says, very stiff.

Gone onto a huge 16 foot Daiwa grandwave surf now and have to say, I'm loving the long rod now. Some serious casting power and great bite detection.

What's your budget? It's no good having people suggest Zziplex or century rods if you have a £50 budget and vica versa, if your budget is £300 then us suggesting £50 rods is pointless.

What sort of fishing do you do? Rough ground? Sand or rock fishing?

I'm a Zziplex man :good:

Fantastic distance casting rods. My ex-wife sold my best one years ago, a DM2500 - irreplaceble :oops::angry:<_<

Used to have a Conoflex Cod 5 as well (think she might have sold that too) <_<

Got a more modern Zziplex now, DM1 or something. Great but nowhere near as good as my old one :rolleyes:

Get a blank and make it up yourself, that's what I've always done. The ready made ones were put together by 'tards. Weird ideas....