Winchester Mod 12 info sought

Lord Geordie

Hiya Guys

Right i have aquired a Winchester Model 12 pump action and managed to get a date of 1959 from the serial from an american site.

On the Yank sites they claim the SHORTER barrel versions go for quite a bit of money and more so if the chokes are open instead of full.

Well MY barrel is 24" from breech to muzzle without the compensator (but i have been told i MUST leave that on due to a law reguarding barrel length)

From the END of the chamber to the muzzle is 20" and as said it has a Cutts Compensator on it.

I used it today at the clay grounds on DTL and on the Grouse Butt and it performed rather well :lol:

Blueing on the action is about 60%+ and the barrel and Mag 40% wood seems ok (walnut) but needs oiled (seeing to as we speak :lol: )

Now obv shipping to the good ole US of A aint an option for me but the guy who owns the Shooting club has shown a Vested interest and basically i DON'T wanna be stiffed so am seeking advice on PRICING this thing :lol:

The crazy yanks are paying over $1000 for some model 12s and there is one on Guntrader with a english stock for £890ish

This one HASN'T got the raised rib which again is said to be worth more it has a plain rounded barrel with a bead on the compensator.

I put 25 shells through it today and it felt magic :lol:

Any more info would be greatly appreciated. So far i BELEIVE it was a Riot or a Turkey gun and as said it's 1959 but Value etc i still need to ascertain

395212-big.jpg

Many thanks lads

LG

Edited by Lord Geordie

L G , my knowledge regarding the model twelve may be small but may help, the main reason for the high price in this is the simmons rib , used on the skeet field in 26" and 28" config, they were the most reveared of that gun, the fit and working parts slid like a glove, the gun was run dry and ran well, most others are 30" general purpose a lot of which had full choke in, the only mod 12's ive seen holding any price are the rib config and go for anything between $500/$1000 bucks pending how badly you want it, the rest are given away for $25 bucks or so, now as i said before you find a model 410 call me

check book ready

Martin