Quality Gun Oil

Axe

I use WD 40 to clean inside the bore of the shot gun, but never outside :oops:

I have a semi-auto shotty.

Semi's. only need little oil, not excessive ammounts.

Axe, get yourself a good gun oil, like mentioned above and it will do the job mate, if used sparingly. ???

Edited by Frank

i used to use the 3 in 1, but got fed up with it rubbing off so easily, more recently i have started using the beretta oil (came with my dads 391 teknys), i have used this for my lanber's chambers to prevent the rusting (on advice from TLE) this has worked 100% this oil is great, it stops the rust, dosent sweat up like 3 in 1 does and seems to stay there for ages.

i have now started using this for everything. Keep it simple, no need to go using different oils for different parts of the guns or different guns.

they all basically do the same job, 3 in 1 works fine if you dont mind re applying it after every single outing.

Axe, A gunsmith once told me that oil in the action of a shotgun kept him in business, it thickens and clogs over time and acts as a grinding paste. He then used WD40 to clean it off!! I only use it internally if my gun has had a soaking, I take the action out of the woodwork and spray it (the action) liberally with WD40. After the action has dried out some very light gun oil used very, very sparingly on the moving parts does the job. I use the Beretta oil at the moment because it came with my new gun but before that always used Young's 303.

REgards, flytie.