9.5 lbs

para90

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth are you babbling on about, stay happy in your own little world and go and read another comic.

Are you seriously suggesting you use Hollow Point air rifle pellets out to 50 yards, (bought up by you now for the first time in this whole thread..WHY...and comparing them with rimfire :lol::lol::lol::lol: , talk about trying to muddy the water ) you will be lucky to hit a barn door, with ANY air rifle of ANY power.

The more you prattle on the more I am convinced you have NEVER gained any experience, but simply read some childrens comic on air rifle shooting! You just haven't done any of what you are talking about or you would know you are wrong!

People can take whatever they like from this, and you have an awful lot to learn.

The END!

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

sa80 a2 fine bit of kit as long as the split pin dosnt fall out the of the trigger assembly

:o :D

anyway guys ORDER ORDER.plz gentlemen :P

using dirty accupells :/ .5.5mm 14.3g i think, taken it in monday to get her serviced and see whats what cheers :good:

nothing wrong with accupells,mate i use em in my tx,and they do what they say on the tin(probably the worlds most accurate pellet) the other 99%is pilot /shooter error

I don't see how you can equate the number of kills with the power of the rifle. Perhaps you could post the formulae? :rolleyes:

I posted those photos to show that I do actually go out shooting. You, like many other cyber warriors try to undermine anyone who takes a different stance to yours following the same tired old lines:

These are your quotes on thos subject:

[/b]

So, apart from the fact that on occassions make generalisations you cannot evidence, on other occassions you don't seem to understand the principle of retained energy, and finally in the red type you actually agree that 10 ft/lb is adequate for killing quarry at fifty yards, why can't you accept that some people actually don't need to have their PCP gun just under the limit for the shooting they do, and some people find it better to shoot springers at their sweet spot power wise?

how do you get a sweet spot on a springer,?you cock it and it shoots,there is no air to pump in or charge from bottle..i think you are talking about shot to shot deviation

Do they still make those? I remember the big hoo ha when they first came out in the early 90s.

cant get the original prometheus with nylon skirt,any more....can you remember sabo pellets?where you had a skirt & bullet which was .177 in the case of .22 pellet,you then loaded them into a pen device and loaded them direct into breach a la promey style :hmm:

very correct mate from" an expert air gunner"of 34 years knowledge "ie,wakes up with gun book,goes to sleep with gun book and in between thinks of nothing but air rifles"

correct me if im wrong but arent pcps recoilless? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

how do you get a sweet spot on a springer,?you cock it and it shoots,there is no air to pump in or charge from bottle..i think you are talking about shot to shot deviation

its all in the trigger ,and breathing plus the best pellet and zero also knowing your gun/scope/pellet and combo as a whole,not just relying on it performing which is wrong :no:

Jason, in your 34 years air gun expertise (gained apparently without any land to shoot on :rolleyes: ) and all the books you read it has never come to your attenton that there actually is some recoil in PCPs, that the general rule with springers is that they have optimum power levels where they recoil less, and that no matter what technique you use there is no 'considerable' advantage between 10 ft/lb rifles and 12 ft/lb rifles, 'marginal' granted, but not 'considerable' and how do you get your one-hole groups? In your back yard?

Are you sure you are not actually dreaming rather than thinking?

Edited by UKPoacher

To correct on the cleaning its either do it all the time or leave well alone and defending UK poached now but he is right that pcps have slight recoil that's why they use muzzle flips instead of silencers in ft. It's totally unnoticeable tho and I never used to belive it either but after 17 years of constant shooting and ft I've learnt a lot

To correct on the cleaning its either do it all the time or leave well alone and defending UK poached now but he is right that pcps have slight recoil that's why they use muzzle flips instead of silencers in ft. It's totally unnoticeable tho and I never used to belive it either but after 17 years of constant shooting and ft I've learnt a lot

Absolutely PCPs have muzzle flip once you reach a certain power level. A while back I was shooting .25 64gr slugs at 900 odd fps and there was certainly some recoil and muzzle flip going on :yes: About 20ftlb and up you start to notice it. But it's a breeze to control vs an angry springer....

Jason, in your 34 years air gun expertise (gained apparently without any land to shoot on :rolleyes: ) and all the books you read it has never come to your attenton that there actually is some recoil in PCPs, that the general rule with springers is that they have optimum power levels where they recoil less, and that no matter what technique you use there is no 'considerable' advantage between 10 ft/lb rifles and 12 ft/lb rifles, 'marginal' granted, but not 'considerable' and how do you get your one-hole groups? In your back yard?

Are you sure you are not actually dreaming rather than thinking?

i get one hole groups in my back yard and on the range at castle club where i shoot on upto 40 yard,and they do small bore,ref to pcp s i have only one (my sporsmatch gc2)built by gerald cardew in the 80s and cost just shy of £900 then,and it dont recoil at all,shoots sweet as a nut mate,and i will gain some permission one day im sure of that ..im off to park farm cottage somerset nxt month with a mate of mine for a weeks shooting holiday.£280 pw self catering and more vermin crows ,bunnies squidges than you can shake a stick at,and the best thing is no shot guns aloud,just airgunners, i think though on the pcp side of things the manufacturers are commiting an offence under the sales act(misleading us with there recoilles claims.this certainly has become a healthy debate and i want to draw it to a close now.. :good: :good:ps i used to have a permission of a humble 10 acres at my grans house (mixed arable and woodland)but obviously lost it when my granparents moved house(for me the worst mistake they ever made)also we had our own land of 3 quarters of an acre,and i was in heaven there,ps did i forget to mention working at walkers of trowell 9 years ago(gun and tackle shop)and sold many guns to a lot of good friends

Edited by jason airarms tx

• 1 year later...

The original point may have past,but I was shocked when I first chrono'ed my S10, 4 weeks after the RFD had apparently had it returned from BSA, which allegedly took 6 months to have the reg repaired, which I had been assured was set at 11.6 ft lbs with AA fields. (long story but the guy was full of it, none of that happened) It read average of 9.5 ft lbs over a 10 shot string!

Point being, I was going to go and get him to do what he said he had, but time slipped from under me and frankly, the gun is pretty consistent, i'd mapped my mlldots out to 50 yds and taken rabbits and pigeon out to 45, so it really made no difference in the end.

Still going to get it tuned at some point though, my XTX tuned R 10 is awesome in comparison, but it proved to me at my shooting ranges 9.5 ft lbs was very effective!

Um if it knocks them over then alls good. Clean it if you want your decision.

Right to try to shut people up who calculated it took 4ft/lbs to kill a rabbit? My guess is that it was infact a bit of research (which in certain places means GUESS). Even if we assume its around that mark then quite simply your pellet hits mr buggs in the head at 25m. If its got 9.5ft/lbs original muzzle energy then if the model is correct it will kill it. Then logically a 12ft/lb will kill it too.

The key point of the extra wont improve it is entirely correct. You can only be fine-wounded-dead. Once you have crossed the dead point adding more wont help!

• 8 years later...

Jesus that took some reading but very interesting and informative for a novice like me!

(and really amusing too)😆

”go and read another comic”🤣🤣

the weird thing is I have a pcp at around 10.5ftlb and I’ve just ordered a chronograph so I can increase it to nearer the 12ftlb mark 😱

don’t know if I should even bother now.

• 2 weeks later...