shugborough shooting ground up for sale

magman

It appears to be for sale as a going concern so we should be alright. In fact it could be a good thing, a fresh pair of eyes setting the targets might make things more interesting :good::good:

I enjoy the ground and judging by the queues on all stands, so do a lot of people (it has got a very big catchment area) but after you've shot there a number of times and there are 24 Sunday 100 birders every year, the targets can become familiar. That being said I don't think anybody has straightened it yet but I stand to be corrected. There are though a lot of scores well into the 90 and high 80s virtually every fortnight. :hmm::hmm:

If it does go under for whatever reason I and an awful lot of shooters from far and wide will mourn it's loss but fingers crossed it will continue for many a long year. My memory is dreadful but I am sure one of the first Clay Shooting Classics was held at Shugborough, perhaps with a new owner it may attract major shoots again.

Mr Potter

Are the owners retiring or are there other issues ?

Azzurri.

The buzz is just that the owner is retiring but that really is just rumour. At the same time it was said that it was only a leasehold sale but that advert clearly states freehold.

Thinking of buying Azzurri?

Mr Potter

Mr P, did they only shoot the registered comps or did they have permission to open for practice through the week as well?

Whiskymac,

I am 99.9% certain the ground is still open for business and the advert (I think) is for selling the ground as a going concern. I know they hold 2 x 100 bird registered ESP shoots a month and I think they are open for practice on other days (Saturday?) but am not certain. They do, or certainly used to, hold some corporate type things, I was lucky enough to be invited to a "Game Season Warm-up" there about 10 years ago.

The only way to find out for sure about planning permissions etc. is to register your interest and get the CD with all details but you have to sign a confidentiality agreement so you couldn't tell us on here anyway :P:lol::P:lol::lol::lol:

Mr Potter

If my memory serves me well, The ground owner had a stroke or heart attack maybe 10 years ago but the ground carried on with his helpers.I also have a suspicion it is part of or used to be part of the Lord Lichfield estate but then again i could be wrong.The owner made a recoverey and i certainly saw him back at the ground on many occasions but i would think it's probably a retirement thing and i would be very surprised if the ground actually closed. from Auntie. :good:

The buzz is just that the owner is retiring but that really is just rumour. At the same time it was said that it was only a leasehold sale but that advert clearly states freehold.

Thinking of buying Azzurri?

Mr Potter

Hi Mr P,

Sadly no :no: I'd have to knock a helluva lot of nails in to find that sort of money.Have you asked Scott :good:;)

Azzurri.

There was only £15 left in it when i got it,when is your next shoot mate :good::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Oddly enough it's Shugborough next weekend. :lol: When you next out, the Beretta?

Bloody hell £15, that's shocking mate :lol: , I'd have posted it to you if I'd known that's all it was. :lol: Was it for 2nd place in AA? :hmm:

Oddly enough it's Shugborough next weekend. :lol: When you next out, the Beretta?

Bloody hell £15, that's shocking mate :lol: , I'd have posted it to you if I'd known that's all it was. :lol: Was it for 2nd place in AA? :hmm:

I nearly covered the cost of the cartridges :oops::lol::lol: It was a good shoot anyway and good company :good:

I might make the next shoot at Shugborough,just have to see how it goes this week first :)

Azzurri.

Town and Country Planning

The Local Planning Authority is Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ. Telephone (01785) 619000. www.staffordbc.gov.uk

The shooting school benefits from unrestricted operating hours Monday to Saturday, year-round, although shooting is permitted on only two Sundays per calendar month.

Copies of relevant planning permissions will be provided in the Supplementary Information Pack.

EDR