• GAMEBORE
    • EXPRESS
    • HULL
    • WINCHESTER
    • LIBERTY
    • R.C
    • ROTWEIL
    • RIO

Just interested in the preference of cartridges that people use.

and why..

shot pattern.......... price ..........confidence ect.

i have looked back through the past few posts and not noticed any prefference to any 1 make or size... does price of shells have a part or are people governed by the manufactures reccomendations .. or what ??

Dougy, I patterned my beretta silver pigeon with everything I could buy,beg or borrow (it's the first multi-choke i've owned) and had some interesting results. In small game loads my gun performed best with Hull soverign 32g 5's through all the chokes closely followed by Express 32g 5's (all were fibre wads). Eley's were the worst. My local stockist stocks Express so that's what I use. I was given some carlsen chokes to try and they produce much better patterns than the standard beretta ones. Best patterns of any shell tested were Hevi-shot, not that anyone will ever use them for pigeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, flytie.

I second that invector. I sometimes use rottweil 30g 5's. Both of these throw a good pattern through my gun (AL391 Urika), and almost always fold the birds. Pricked birds almost never seem to happen, which is the best thing I can think of to say about a cartridge. If I hit em' they fold, if I miss em, its by a mile (my fault, not the carts! :lol: .

Pete

Whatever I am given :lol::lol:

6's 30g Clear Winners but I will move over to these Eley's when they run out.

I have just been out and bought 1250 clay cartridges this morning Invector, Expess's are going up 20% on the next shipment so I thought I had better get in quick :)

Eley seem to have done what the fuel companies do, flog the old stock at the 'new' increased end user price ahead of the price to them going up. Tut tut....