A surprise in the net.

Bing-Bong

I went up the River Waveney on the 16th in my boat, to do my traditional Bream session on the first day of the season.

It all went as usual, landing several bream to 5lb on the feeder, when just as I was thinking of packing up and heading home, the quivertip dipped once more.

I lifted the rod to what I thought was another Waveney Bream, and played the fish easily across the current. That was until the fish was two rod lenghts out. Then all hell broke loose, I still had not seen the fish, and I had to go gingerley as I was only on a 1.5lb hook link.

After about 15mins I slipped my net under an 8lb Koi carp. Not your average out of the river hey, needless to say, after photographs were taken I slipped the fish straight back in and packed up and headed the boat home.

post-17794-0-87466800-1309252744.jpg

Edited by Bing-Bong

That's unbelievable!

You actually fish FOR bream? Yuk! I avoid them at all costs. :lol:

I enjoy a good bream session, as much as I do winter roach or a good chub session. Barbel are few and far between in my neck of the woods, and the places where they can be found are generally rammed, not my cup of tea. I only fish the rivers, prefering to catch what is naturally there rather than what someone has put in a puddle for me to catch.

Mind you in saying that, I also enjoy a bit of fluff chucking, and do fish on stillwaters for trout, but that's because they are delicious. :good:

Lovely koi, we have 30 all around the 15lb mark in our pond in the garden, they all survived the winter but they have just had babies and have around 70 extra now that's slowly going down now there big enough to give away. I enjoy getting a few bream to be honest I enjoy catching anything in the river near me as it has been pollouted so your lucky to get anything.