Custon .17 HMR

12borejimbo

I have my Marlin 917VS, used to have a laminated stock with a SAK upfront, Hawke scope ontop.

Over the last 6 months I have Put an MTC Viper 4-16x50 ontop, had a custom DM80 made (brilliant mod), re done the trigger, ordered the larger capacity Nickel magazines and ive put a rubber SAKO tactical bolt **** on the bolt handle (very comfy). Just received my Boyds Tacticool stock. Very very nice, comfortable, balanced, feels like a centrefire. Much better than the standard.

Thought I would share it with you, I love it, but the rabbits dont, haha, shot 24 last night for 31 bullets!!

post-22170-0-89988600-1309280022.jpg

post-22170-0-48110900-1309280063.jpg

Edited by 12borejimbo

Just type in Boyds stocks on Google, I think imported including all the taxes ect I paid £100 ish for it, didnt really add it all up, its from america, or you could look on staffordshire custom gunstocks website.

It ubeleivable sexy, I got home last night and opened my gun cabinet just to have another look, hahaha. (how sad am I). Defo get one! The trigger kit is good too, although expensive at £90, PM me for a cheaper way though!

you know you wanna jimbo. really liked the roller at the weekend, we must go banging soon chap,

Bang some chicks you mean? hahaha. Matt, you know you just have to call me and say your on your way round and we will go out shooting (I will shoot you can miss as normal) :lol::lol: :blink:

24 for 31 :blink:

not sumfink i would share on here, with an HMR and good field craft you dont want to be missing anything let alone 7 shots in 31 unless it was in a cross wind in which case after a couple of misses most would have stopped

not sumfink i would share on here, with an HMR and good field craft you dont want to be missing anything let alone 7 shots in 31 unless it was in a cross wind in which case after a couple of misses most would have stopped

Everyone misses, regardless of conditions, its nothing to get worked up about.

Ian.

Do you not think thats a bit harsh? I mean like are you some sort of machine who never misses any shots? I find it very disrespectful that you said this to another member.

I normally never respond to such comments but this time I just feel your way out of order.

Its not a good kill ratio with an HMR however you look at it. its explained by the free hand shooting but generally you don't tend to miss many with an HMR. Which is why Pavman mentioned it and why we have them compared to a .22lr ;)

Do you not think thats a bit harsh? I mean like are you some sort of machine who never misses any shots? I find it very disrespectful that you said this to another member.

I normally never respond to such comments but this time I just feel your way out of order.

you are my dear fellow with respect talking total rubbish as most competent RF/CF people would agree. I and many others shoot a HMR off a quad and the first thing you do is get a rail or other method to rest on or what’s the point! You may have mobility but not accuracy.

Respect for the quarry is what’s important, if you cant place a shot to make a clean kill what is that saying about your shooting??? I don’t care i just point and if i kill its a bonus???

Total lack of respect is what is shouts to me so please don’t come on and pontificate the defence of such a situation. in anyone’s book the kill ratio mentioned is not good and whilst we all have the odd miss deciding when and when not to squeeze the trigger is all part of it. If you miss 1 think about why, if you miss another make checks and if you miss 3 stop as something is very wrong. It may sound harsh but to me such high percentage of probability of missing is not acceptable.

The time to test your set up is on targets and this is quite easy just place a few old tins around the field and drive round on the quad and take a shot at various distances once you have your set up right move onto live animals. If you find problems like off freehand (please) fix it before you point it at something that takes a breath :good:

Edited by pavman

I have my Marlin 917VS, used to have a laminated stock with a SAK upfront, Hawke scope ontop.

Over the last 6 months I have Put an MTC Viper 4-16x50 ontop, had a custom DM80 made (brilliant mod), re done the trigger, ordered the larger capacity Nickel magazines and ive put a rubber SAKO tactical bolt **** on the bolt handle (very comfy). Just received my Boyds Tacticool stock. Very very nice, comfortable, balanced, feels like a centrefire. Much better than the standard.

Thought I would share it with you, I love it, but the rabbits dont, haha, shot 24 last night for 31 bullets!!

are them dm80 mods quieter than the sak ones mate and if so how much are they,thanks.

Pavman you've been hanging out with that well fed essex boy his writing style is rubbing off on you :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: yea i do look like Mr angry dont i (sorry) Jimbo :blush:

anyways look its not hard to see why Anti gets all hot with posts like we keep getting, lamping woodies at night, playing target practice on live animals, shooting out of effective range (175 plus) with the HMR its just not sporting is it :angry:

some People give themselfs super names then ask stupid questions, like "ultimate Hunter" yea right post 3 how do you build a hide :rolleyes: I am convinced we have some Antis winding us up and taking notes on what comes back!

Edited by pavman

Appreciate everyones views but I can definately see why other people are commenting, It is not the ebst shooting I have ever done, but atleast I am honest, and it looks like i am talking ******* when I say 24 for 25 shots, infact and I didnt mention I actually had a few shots on a target before at my zeroing range and I included that in my shot count.