Custon .17 HMR

12borejimbo

How do you find the stainless barrel? Any glint spooking rabbits etc?

No its alright, I think anything will spook bunnies, especially an uncovered face in jeans a t shirt, lol. Fieldcraft and common sense, a bunny isnt going to look at my rifle and thihnk, better go as it shiny, he will go because he has seen me if you get my drift?

are them dm80 mods quieter than the sak ones mate and if so how much are they,thanks.

It is much quieter, obviously you do not stop the supersonic crack, but it muffles the bang much better, it is larger but over barrell so in effect makes it a few inches shorter. PM DM80 on here, (or PM me and I will sort you out his contact details) and you can have a custoom Mod for £90 off ticket.

another

If you took the box off the front you wouldn't have run over that dog.

;)

I'm with you on the HMR though, very easy to use, but not infallible. For example, you can easily clip a weed stem and get deflected or as I did a few days ago, miss over the top at about 80yds ( rabbit had turned away from me and I could see about 1/2" of his head over his back - I put the first bullet between his ears but he sat up so got him with the second ).

If you took the box off the front you wouldn't have run over that dog.

;):lol::lol::lol: nice reply, you been drinking with Mungler :hmm:

I'm with you on the HMR though, very easy to use, but not infallible. For example, you can easily clip a weed stem and get deflected or as I did a few days ago, miss over the top at about 80yds ( rabbit had turned away from me and I could see about 1/2" of his head over his back - I put the first bullet between his ears but he sat up so got him with the second ).

Thats pretty sweet, ive just bought (well the farmer has) the Solway Feeders rifle rest with lamp attachment on it!

Pics please i love looking at other set ups always get some good ideas, mine was cheap box from B&Q to hold waterproofs, flask and lamp stuff and some old copper pipe with foam lagging

Here you go Pavman!

now how could you miss with that set up :rolleyes: looks like an expensive rest?

I have tried with spot lights but so far had most luck with a scope fitted 140 lamp going round quad lights off and spotting with a clu light and red filter like yours

Yeah in think so,it's quite good, it's the farmers, fairly quick, havnt really been offroading properly on it, just pooling around the cow fields and wheat/beet fields. What u got?

Honda TRX 420 water cooled 4 wheel selective shaft drive 5 forward one reverse gear, the big trick was getting a green one, Honda say they only bring a few into teh UK and want you to have a red one........ I got Daltons http://www.hondaquad.co.uk/?id=fs24420 to replace all the pannels from red to green prior to del :good:

I had a cheaper belt drive Apache thing (never again)spent more time getting fixed than on the fields

what you really want are the realtree panels Pav, my local keeper had one looked the mutts nuts. Shame the ****** had it away within a month :oops:

green was a good as it got............... still makes me wonder why Honda just dump red ones in the UK whilst in USA you can have what you want. My local dealer Lings said no way would i get anything but red in fact they where very snotty about it, I said for 5.5 K i will get what i want and not what you want to sell me........ I rammed it down his neck when the green one got shipped down and told him what i thought of his customer service :good:

That tickled old pavman :lol:

Edited by pavman