AK 74 anyone?

il cacciatore

Most likely it's for the reason it will use most of the parts already produced for the AK47 and as such will keep costs down as they will need no new production for that main parts.

Maybe they have a stockpile of AK47 parts and this was a way to get rid of them???

Bit like these people who convert Lee enfield 303s into .243 and 12g shotguns etc.

LG

I wouldnt like to say, but i'd hedge my bets on them being for foxes or rough shooting where the compactness of the bull pup style would come in to its own.

i would expect its for anything apart from this.

If you dont want to draw more attention to yourself than you have to you dont go out foxing or rough shooting with a ak47 :lol:

I can imagine someone phoning the police and saying "There is a man in black with an AK 47 acting suspicious." They would call in the armed squad without hesitation!

I had a look on that site and its possible to change the foreend, grip and stock with the 'classic' deep red furniture. Dont think the police snipers would be able to tell the difference from through their scopes! ;)

Her indoors had a saiga M3. superb little gun in 7.62. Straigt pull because that's what is. Same as the SA80, as mentioned, was converted to it and so is the AR15 (her indoors had a Sabre Defence M4 in .223. 14" barrel and collapsible stock).

Anyway, the Saiga. Superb as a fun gun but not really good for much else except worshipping and showing your mates.

Converted Military semi/auto's are susceptable to primary extraction problems (especially if using military ball). The M4 came in .223 so using military 5.56 was a problem. same calibre but slightly different sizing.

NOT the sort of thing you'd take out rabbiting or foxing.

Dave