BF goodrich A/T or General Grabber AT2 Tyres

rimfire4969

Can't decide BFG or AT2, i have read reviews on both they seem quite even, unfortunitly my local dealer does not stock either so it will be an online purchase so i am going by photos alone.

I think i do about 50 / 50 on and off road, one shoot is always muddy.

Maybe i have over looked something :hmm:

These will be going on my 110. Your views please.

At2's on at the moment and find them really good, have "pushed it" a few times in the disco and that's nearly 3 ton trying to get them to let go! Have also seen my mates disco pull a loaded car trailer out of a field in 18" of snow and it just pulled it through no problems, really this comes up a lot on here and you have to decide the use, I can only say in all the time I've been offroad with 4x4's I've been stuck (stuck as in needed towed out) 4 times, and in those occasions tyres probably wouldn't have made an **** of difference.

My offroad miles v's on road would be offroad 15% on road 85% so I know I can trust the AT2's to hold the road and stop me!

Regards,

Gixer

From my experience either are fine. The Grabbers are a bit louder, but they are a lower profile. Not really tested them in mud, however, with BFG's the only thing that stopped forward motion was ground clearance. (I chose to ignore 6-8 inches of liquid clay as that stopped vehicles shod in Bronco Grizzly Claws)

As to mileage BFG's are brilliant but as only covered 10k on the Grabbers cannot really comment.

Best of luck

i had a set of bfg a/t"s on my disco,had them on for around 9 months,the side walls were splitting,so changed them for insa turbo saharas,i love the road noise, :lol: ,and fuel consumption hasnt changed,id go with the grabbers rather than bfg"s,but insa definately worth a look,IMO...

DAZ

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly not a myth had a blow out at 70+ on m42 on monday on front left, i can't replace it with another At2 as not made anymore because of EU ruling. Rubbish, although BFG AT are still just ok according to the EU????!!! So have to replace both front set with normal Grabber AT's which is going to look a little odd... So from only looking to replace one tyre I need to replace both fronts!

Anyone have any other suggestion?

Well replaced the front left with the new Grabber AT which isn't too bad but money is tight this month so fitting the other front Grabber AT next month... £130 each not too bad.... Oh for reference I have Shogun DiD 3.2, which has been faultless and very good off road. Its up too 150k and never gone wrong.

Edited by spaniels