A Section for clay shooting

Mungler

Go on, a section for clay shooting, to stop any moans at my posting Clay related stuff in the Guns and Cartridges forum.

Everyone here goes clay shooting at some point in time and there is no proper clay shooting website or forum (it would probably help get the member numbers up and widen horizons).

For the hard core fraternity, I would be happy to pose clad head to toe in cammo gear in a dimly lit photo in front of a dozen shattered clays (you should have seen the 38 that got away). Hell, I could even spatter them with ketchup, start a recipe forum for "jugged clay" and watch people moan endlessly about shooting them in/out of season.

:lol:

Yes, I went clay shooting this morning and am proud of it. I don't care that it's April and I shot a couple of dozen male/ female clays... and I won't even be going back later with the terriers to dispatch the clay cubs.

I know that clays can still be pesky this time of year, but this is about controling clay numbers. There is a clay farm up the road, and if I get the call "Andrew, we have a couple of boxes of clays terrorising the traps will you come and help (and don't forget to bring your £10.50)" then dammit, I know what I have to do...

Obviously I look forward to starting a number of threads in an inflamatory manner (with lots of photos of claret and clay carnage, fragmented clays, smashed coloured clays, maimed clays, clays shot from outside of an acceptable distance) but always ending the thread with a complete vault face and where I get to say that I totally respect my clay quarry.

Nuff said.

Lets have a clay forum to add some balance to the sport of shooting.

You can't properly shoot clay cubs with a .410 this time of year.

However, if you would like to start a thread about shooting clay cubs from 350 yards with .177 gat gun half way up a tree and then take some photos then that would be great.

Stick it in a public forum as well, then that would be even better and do the world of shooting a huge favour.

I digress...

A clay forum would be nice.

Enough of my sarcastic rantings about what has come to pass in these forums over the last week.

It's a pity they don't do psychometric testing as part of the SGC/FAC process.

However, if you would like to start a thread about shooting clay cubs from 350 yards with .177 gat gun half way up a tree and then take some photos then that would be great.

Stick it in a public forum as well, then that would be even better and do the world of shooting a huge favour.

I digress...

A clay forum would be nice.

Enough of my sarcastic rantings about what has come to pass in these forums over the last week.

It's a pity they don't do psychometric testing as part of the SGC/FAC process.

Mungler, whilst accepting that your comments are somewhat "tongue in cheek", everyone is entitled to their own opinions on all matters discussed on here.

They are also entitled to express those opinions, as long as they do so in a responsible and polite manner.

Thats one of the reasons for the existence of Forums.

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)

n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

A public meeting place for open discussion.

A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation

Agreed.

"They are also entitled to express those opinions, as long as they do so in a 'responsible' and polite manner. "

"Responsible"

re·spon·si·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-spns-bl) adj.

1. Liable to be required to give account, as of one's actions or of the discharge of a duty or trust.

2. Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority: a responsible position within the firm.

3. Being a source or cause.

4. Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.

5. Able to be trusted or depended upon; reliable.

6. Based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking: responsible journalism.

7. Having the means to pay debts or fulfill obligations.

8. Required to render account; answerable: The cabinet is responsible to the parliament.

1, 2 and 4 get my vote

Most discussions are within that criteria, but often people just have to agree to disagree.

Its a pity that some people find it difficult to do that and persist in trying to convert others to their way of thinking.

Thats when the debate usually deteriorates.

For the amount of traffic on this Forum, we have relatively few such problems.

Long may it remain so.

:( :o :D

now that really did make i smile