Stock refinishing

-Mongrel-

I recently found a thread on a forum (thought it was here but may be mistaken) which was basically a guy who did stock repair and refinishing, to a very high standard as a home business. He seemed to mainly strip and oil the stocks but to a standard above anything else I've seen.

The thread was a lot of pages long with pics of maybe 20 guns he'd done work on, some of the pics taken on his very rustic kitchen table (which was also commented on quite a bit!) and he obviously used the forum as a source of work.

Anyone have any idea who it is and where I found it...'cos I'll be blowed if I can find it again!!!

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/10585-straightshooter1/

I just got my Browning stock back from him yesterday and a very good job he has done. I called with him on the way back from Scotland (near Carlisle) to leave off the stock and I can confirm, having met him, that not only does he do a good job, his comms are good and he's a thoroughly nice guy as well. :good: