10 month Lab really liquid diarrhea

My 10 month bitch Lola had had a liquidy poo when I came home from work 6 pm, walked her for about 3/4 hour and she went and it was just water, now within the last 1/2 an hour she has done a huge amount and it is very runny but looks like undigested food and does not even smell, she does not want too eat but was fine on her walk and seems fairly lively now, should I be worried or do you think I shoukld wait until the morning and just keep her topped up on fluids. :( :( :sad1:

Id be worried.

Id say make sure she has plenty to drink, try some soft food like chicken and rice.

If she passes much more in the next hour id say a emergency trip to the vet.

Is there any blood being passed?

Please note; i am not saying you shoud do this, and bear no responsibility if you do and something goes wrong.

Bottom line, you could even speak to the vet on the phone and be safe!

I wouldn't panic just yet.

Make sure she has plenty of water and I would starve her tonight. Two reasons for that, firstly, if she does have a problem that needs surgical attention in the morning then she will have an empty stomach for the aneasthetic, secondly, in my experience it's better to let her battle it overnight rather than keep 'feeding' the problem.

I have a chocolate lab who used to have a very temperamental stomach until she matured, she was often very squitty, but nothing more than a stomach upset. If she's bright and active I'd hold fire until the morning then reassess.

This is purely my opinion of course, and if in doubt consult a vet obviously.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Once agin, I wouldn't panic about the 'foam'. It's foamy if they sick up bile/grass.

As I say though, if in doubt, call the vet. I've had dogs forever so have seen a lot of their ailments before. It sounds as though she's eaten something 'off' and has a dodgy gut, but like I say, I'm not there looking at her.

Have a good feel around her belly if she shows pain straight to the vet, if not dont feed and get her plenty fresh water and keep an eye on her hydration level. feed after 24 hrs fasting very small amount of boiled rice and cooked chicken still got squirts? then off to vets for some drugs

Sounds to me like she's eaten something that doesn't agree with her. One of mine is exactly like that if he eats lamb or especially beef. What did you have for sunday dinner?

I, like others here, have got used to it and just give water for 24 hours and the next feed (Wafcol chicken) is small with a dose of wormer as well.

Hope she's better again soon.

Mike

Thanks for aqll your replies chaps. I rushed her 15 miles to the local vets at 1.30 this morning aftre she squirted a lot of blood filled water straight out her back end, she had gone like a zombie aswell, to cut a long story short I collected her from the vets less than an hour ago and she is on the mend, the vets put her on a drip to rehydrate her and she was fed this morning which she ate and seems to back to herself on a course of antibiotics, they said the blood was from the bad diarhhea I also noticed whole wheat cornels in the bloody water and think maybe they had scratched as they had passed through. Vets bill a whopping £313.20 lucky we are insured. I think she will have to have a muzzle on when she is out walking as I cant always see what she may be eating when she is up the fields.

Good grief! thats a bill :o Can't mess with hydration though. Mine had similar issues recently managed to keep him well hydrated but just couldn't stop them by fasting and water, yeah we had some red ones. Bill £65 six pills a day for a week and 10mg of this smelly paste twice a day. I don't insure by the way.

Consider building her tollerance and imune system up with a natural diet do it slowly, slowly though. I couldn't handle those sort of bills comming in for a bit of a bug in a dog and its hard to stop them picking up smelly rotten stuff when out and about, it wouldn't put a fox or other wild canine down to eat this stuff