Browning 525 firing pins

BarryD

Hi

Bit of a newbie still but I have been shooting clays for about a year now with my 2nd hand B525 Sporter. On cleaning the gun yesterday I noticed the firing pins look like they are starting to wear (not smooth tipped) I have put around 5000 shells through it since owning and I am not sure how much it has been used before I got it.

Can anyone advise on how long these should last?

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Hi

Bit of a newbie still but I have been shooting clays for about a year now with my 2nd hand B525 Sporter. On cleaning the gun yesterday I noticed the firing pins look like they are starting to wear (not smooth tipped) I have put around 5000 shells through it since owning and I am not sure how much it has been used before I got it.

Can anyone advise on how long these should last?

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Hi Browning and Miroku suffer from f/pin wear often the bottom barrel comes of worst, if you can see staring or change of shape it would be wise to have a spare pin in your care and when the gun starts to miss fire change the faulty pin. the gun will not just stop working but you will get the odd misfire. very easy job for anyone with a few basic tools 10 to 15 mins max if you require pins give me a call regards Sage/Dennis.

• 5 years later...

Not having a problem with mine yet but my bottom pin is pitting quite badly as sage posted above I wanted to get a spare, to replace, as needed but they seem to be like finding rocking horse ****. Brownells who I have bought Browning pats off in the past seem to have dropped Browning all together. Does anyone know a good Browning parts dealer and why Brownells have left Browning??

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, KJS said:

Appreciate this is an old thread, but I just brought a new 525 two months ago, and 750 shots later the bottom pin is badly pitted and the top one starting to go.

My XT had pitted pins but never suffered any misfires, also my Winchester had the same so I took them out chucked them up in the drill and polished them out with wet and dry and been fine since. I appreciate you could potentially shorten them too much for proper function but they are plenty long enough still. And need to watch you don't change the profile in case you start piercing primers.

It seems to be an affliction that Browning/Miroku suffers with!

Edited by farmer7