50ft head shot

thompson

please dont leave tommo pw wood just not be the same we all care about you your spelling is not that bad sin worse mate you need a fac mate then you can shoot them at any range and not worry about head shots

am not goin t leave because of a hand full of ppl. they just **** me of a bit thats all. on the plus side my lass felt sorry for me so am in for a treat t night.... well now :lol::lol::D:lol::lol:

thanks to all who replyed. :drinks:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, have to disagree. Chest shots drop them on the spot and out to 35/40 yards and are my preferred shot. I do sometimes take head shots but only if the chest isn't clearly visible. When pigeons land in your pattern they tend to stand still with their heads up for 4 or 5 seconds whilst they decide whether to fly or feed. Once they start feeding you can't get a certain head shot at all.

Chest shots also have the benefit of keeping flapping and back-rolling to a minimum whereas head shots can cause lots of flapping and spasms and the bird invariable ends up either on it's back or with wings spread and feathers everywhere so that other pigeons are alerted to danger.

Nowt wrong with disagreeing :good:

That's why I said 'in my experience'.

I stick to head shots on woodpigeon as braindead = dead, flapping or not. It does take a knack to time the shot correctly as they do bob around as you said. But it is a knack worth garnering IMHO.

To be perfectly honest, I tend to take most woodpigeon with the 12 bore, my main airgun quarry is rabbit.

I'm glad that you've had more success with chest shots on woodpigeons than I. If it works for you, keep at it :good:

Regards

Z.

i agree thers no need if they carnt respect ppl on hear i doubt they respect the land and the air rifle laws

...and maybe they can, which is why they also have guns other than airguns.

Sorry if you really are genuine, but something just doesn't sit quite right AFAIAC. I know dyslexics who really struggle and they're more consistent than you.

Maybe you are genuine, maybe you're a troll, maybe you're somewhere in between, whichever way, have fun.

Edited by -Mongrel-

...and maybe they can, which is why they also have guns other than airguns.

Sorry if you really are genuine, but something just doesn't sit quite right AFAIAK. I know dyslexics who really struggle and they're more consistent than you.

Maybe you are genuine, maybe you're a troll, maybe you're somewhere in between, whichever way, have fun.

I'm more of an ork ether way its no reason for ppl to take the **** :D

DyslexiaFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Dyslexia is a broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read, and spell and which can manifest itself as a difficulty with phonological awareness, phonological decoding, orthographic coding, auditory short-term memory, and/or rapid naming. Dyslexia is separate and distinct from reading difficulties resulting from other causes, such as a non-neurological deficiency with vision or hearing, or from poor or inadequate reading instruction. It is believed that dyslexia can affect between 5 to 10 percent of a given population although there have been no studies to indicate an accurate percentage.

There are three proposed cognitive subtypes of dyslexia: auditory, visual and attentional. Reading disabilities, or dyslexia, is the most common learning disability, although in research literature it's considered to be a receptive language-based learning disability.

Accomplished adult dyslexics may be able to read with good comprehension, but they tend to read more slowly than non-dyslexics and may perform more poorly at nonsense word reading (a measure of phonological awareness) and spelling. Dyslexia is not an intellectual disability, since dyslexia and IQ are not interrelated as a result of cognition developing independently.

got the spell checker on, lets see, enciclopedia :D

i am the spell master supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus oooo yeeee :lol::lol::lol:

thank u super sharp shooter

LOL, missed that ^^^^, oh the irony! :lol:

Try a different spell checker dude, that one's not so good.