50ft head shot

thompson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150 feet in 50 yards, not 165. I'm biting my lip and trying hard not to be a spelling Nazi, but at the very least mate please learn the difference between "I" and "a". This is because otherwise its very hard to understand what you've written and I'm interested in what you have to say :yes:

not a bothere am dislexic a'l try to word thing properly :good:

sack google converter :lol:

Edited by thompson

not a bothere am dislexic a'l try to word thing properly :good:

sack google converter :lol:

LMAO! You're allegedly dyslexic, but can't spell it.

You can't spell 'I'll' but you manage 'properly' and 'converter', dyslexic my ****! :lol:

Edited by -Mongrel-

Could we clear up once and for all, was it 50 feet or 50 yards as the distance keeps changing.

You shoot evey day at 50 ft but your rifle is zeroed at 50 yards, you can hit a 50p at 50 ft but you say you've been practicing long-range shots???

Somethings not right here.

I am a shot gunner and I've switch to tight chokes as I've peppered to many pigeons and they have flew off . Seriously I've shot thousands and body shots are not clean unless in the back

Well, I beg to differ. A shot in the armpit from the side or just either side of the breast bone from the front and they drop stone dead. Stop the heart and you stop the bird. Far easier to hit too.

LMAO! You're allegedly dyslexic, but can't spell it.

You can't spell 'I'll' but you manage 'properly' and 'converter', dyslexic my ****! :lol:

u oboisly dont no any thing about dislexiea the mind works in dif ways it dosnt happen all the time i can spell sum word and not others not my folt if ur goin to take the **** y message wen u dont no me or wat ur taking about :lol:

Well, I beg to differ. A shot in the armpit from the side or just either side of the breast bone from the front and they drop stone dead. Stop the heart and you stop the bird. Far easier to hit too.

+1

since when decoying with a shotty do you shoot then in the back :hmm:

Could we clear up once and for all, was it 50 feet or 50 yards as the distance keeps changing.

You shoot evey day at 50 ft but your rifle is zeroed at 50 yards, you can hit a 50p at 50 ft but you say you've been practicing long-range shots???

Somethings not right here.

i ment 50ft not yard

Thing is 50ft is 16 m and 55 yrds or metres is a long way compared to that. Before I would shoot at a pigeon head I know I can place all my shots on a pound coin at the required distance plus its took me almost 20 years of practice

I am in the same boat as you and agree entirely.

A lot of time in FT circles teaches you a lot about pellet placement. Years of air rifle hunting teaches you a lot about effective kill zones.

Z.

A shot in the armpit from the side or just either side of the breast bone from the front and they drop stone dead. Stop the heart and you stop the bird. Far easier to hit too.

In my experience, this rarely results in a humane kill with a legal limit air rifle.

Regards,

Z.

a dont think am goin to bother postin agen a just thort a would share me lill shot that a did at 50FOOT and got the total difrant reacton to whot i expected ppl could ov just sead good shot keep it up or not bad mate but a ges some ppl have to mutch time on ther hands and ar bord so lets take the **** out the newby 50FOOT isnt that far but a good shot for me

and so fk if a carnt spell if u got a problum with it its ur problum not mine :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

a dont think am goin to bother postin agen a just thort a would share me lill shot that a did at 50FOOT and got the total difrant reacton to whot i expected ppl could ov just sead good shot keep it up or not bad mate but a ges some ppl have to mutch time on ther hands and ar bord so lets take the **** out the newby 50FOOT isnt that far but a good shot for me

and so fk if a carnt spell if u got a problum with it its ur problum not mine :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

50ft is fine for a headshot pigeon - very well done. I hope you savoured the moment and cooked the bird well.

Whereabouts in the country are you my good man? If close enough, I don't have a problem with taking you out on my permissions for a shoot.

Rgards,

Z.

50ft is fine for a headshot pigeon - very well done. I hope you savoured the moment and cooked the bird well.

Whereabouts in the country are you my good man? If close enough, I don't have a problem with taking you out on my permissions for a shoot.

Rgards,

Z.

i live in northumberland.

o yes i fried the brests with some herbs and had a nice dinner with it with all the trimings :D and me ferrets enjoyed the leftovers nearly riped me hand off :o

I am in the same boat as you and agree entirely.

A lot of time in FT circles teaches you a lot about pellet placement. Years of air rifle hunting teaches you a lot about effective kill zones.

Z.

My kids will not be allowed to hunt until they can hit 10 out of 30 on a ft course and my daughter shoots with me already at 5 years old

In my experience, this rarely results in a humane kill with a legal limit air rifle.

Regards,

Z.

Sorry, have to disagree. Chest shots drop them on the spot and out to 35/40 yards and are my preferred shot. I do sometimes take head shots but only if the chest isn't clearly visible. When pigeons land in your pattern they tend to stand still with their heads up for 4 or 5 seconds whilst they decide whether to fly or feed. Once they start feeding you can't get a certain head shot at all.

Chest shots also have the benefit of keeping flapping and back-rolling to a minimum whereas head shots can cause lots of flapping and spasms and the bird invariable ends up either on it's back or with wings spread and feathers everywhere so that other pigeons are alerted to danger.