Artillery.

Sergeant

Looks like a premature fire.

If you look carefully, you can see he just closes the bolt and it fires instantly..

He is extremly lucky the shell did not pop passed the bolt. The shell being lighter then the bullet, would have taken the energy first and shot out with enough power to kill him.. lucky the bolt closed.

No, I do not think its the soldier being dumb.. it looks very clear it fired premature. :blink:

No, I do not think its the soldier being dumb.. it looks very clear it fired premature.

Well, Im not traind on these guns but im pretty certain that somewhere in his training they would have said not to stand directly in the path of recoil at any time should it go off.

No, I do not think its the soldier being dumb.. it looks very clear it fired premature.

Well, Im not traind on these guns but im pretty certain that somewhere in his training they would have said not to stand directly in the path of recoil at any time should it go off.

Not to start an arument or anything.. but a gun of that size would surley be designed not to 'go off at any time'. If there was such a risk of premature firing that they had to put it in the manual, I dont think that type of gun would sell to well.

That guy gets what he needs for shooting shells at people in their own country, in a war that has nothing to do with us. :good:

I agree with sergeant here, i think abit more common sense would of stopped this from happening, nothing in life is fault free and im sure he was warned at some point that its gonna hurt if you stand that close to it if it does go off. even if he didnt, if i saw that gun going off and the recoil it produces i no i wouldnt stand right behind it when loading

But then again most of us here are trained in handaling firearms safley.. some of the kids in the army have no idea.. even with training B)

Same reason as we lost some tanks and as far as im aware 7 of our soldiers in friendly fire.. they really have no idea what they are doing out there :good:

I think the soilders out there are doing a good job, i also think its far to easy to list all the bad things they have done when sitting in a comfy chair in front of the computer.

Alot of it isnt down to the soilders its the higher up people telling them what to do, which is the bit that annoys me. And when there are that many people firing that many guns then acidents will happen its a fact of life unfortunately, just the same way as i know of at least 4 cases over the last year when 4 people have been shot on farms when out shooting one of which fatal and the others critally injured and those people wernt suffering from lack of sleep, under constant pressure, with the threat of death every day, living off crappy army rations and trying to sleep in desert type environment.

I dont believe with most parts of the war thats going on at the moment, but i do believe the soilders are doing a bloody gd effort out there, :blush: just my opinion.