Webley & Scott 28 Bore

welshwarrior

Ok my old 410 SBS has now died and is unlike to be resurrected :oops:

So i went to the local shop and they have a Webley and Scott 28 Bore O/U multi choke NE etc. I looks the part like a 'proper' gun and can let my kid shoot it in a few years.

What are peoples views of these little guns. I will let my kid learn with it but until then use it when walking the dog and the odd bit of rough shooting and limited clays.

Ok my old 410 SBS has now died and is unlike to be resurrected :oops:

So i went to the local shop and they have a Webley and Scott 28 Bore O/U multi choke NE etc. I looks the part like a 'proper' gun and can let my kid shoot it in a few years.

What are peoples views of these little guns. I will let my kid learn with it but until then use it when walking the dog and the odd bit of rough shooting and limited clays.

So i take it your wife has had the baby mate? even less time out with the gun :lol: :lol: Congratulations

Anyway back to the subject,dont know much about the 28g however im sure its a more than capable guage :good: went out pigeon shooting last week with t33 and some of the shots he pulled off with his .410 were crackers,i think a lot of these smaller calibres are wrongly underestimated :yes: if your on the bird they are certainely enough gun to kill cleanly as long as you keep it sensible

The only down side is the cost of shells and availability :yes: BB

She has not dropped yet days to do worse than waiting for R&R on tour.

410 has worked well for me 28 throws the same load or larger so happy it will kill if I do my bit.

Just not heard much about the Webleys

Big problem with a 28 is that you will shoot it and fall in love with it super little caliber.

Chris and I both shoot our driven days with a 28, they handle and kill so well. Pick the the right cartridge and they will kill even the best of the West countries premier drive's birds Do not under estimate this super little calibre.

As to the Webley for the money they are ok try and find a nice second hand one as you are going to chop the stock to fit junior, nice to save the Vat and dealer profit.

Best Regards Sage.

Take care and keep your head down.

Thanks Guys I think I'll get it it is second hand but does not look used!! What cartrigdes are you all using? CLA coming up I'll buy them there more choice.

Big problem with a 28 is that you will shoot it and fall in love with it super little caliber.

Chris and I both shoot our driven days with a 28, they handle and kill so well. Pick the the right cartridge and they will kill even the best of the West countries premier drive's birds Do not under estimate this super little calibre.

As to the Webley for the money they are ok try and find a nice second hand one as you are going to chop the stock to fit junior, nice to save the Vat and dealer profit.

Best Regards Sage.

Sage- you mean I'll be getting you to chop the stock for me!! Have you got a stand at the CLA? be nice for me and all the PW people to meet you face to face.

ATB

Just to add my son has the W&S 410 jr and they done the same gun in 28g with a full size stock. Is this the model?

The build quality could not even be described as baikal quality (think more along the lines of a Kalashnikov shotgun held together with garden string.)

Just to add my son has the W&S 410 jr and they done the same gun in 28g with a full size stock. Is this the model?

The build quality could not even be described as baikal quality (think more along the lines of a Kalashnikov shotgun held together with garden string.)

Mark

Have you had issues or is it just agriculteral?

Guest Stavvy

Best Regards Sage.

You haven't got time to be on here what with 64 guns to do and several driven days to decide on....

I love the 28 gauge. I have a benelli in a 28 and they are sweet to shot. I have shot a lot of pigeons over decoys and have never felt under gunned when my mate is next to me using a 12 gauge. I would use 21 to 24 gram loads that is what a 28 is for and more than enought for pigeons over decoys.

My only concern is it only has 70mm chambers will I be able to get these bigger loads ie 28 gram in 2 3/4 inch cases

Isnt shooting 28g out of a 28G missing the point? Shoot a 12? I could only find one 28g load in 28G and it was Gamebore at JC Pure Gold 28g of No5 shot in plastic!

24g 21g etc are available in 2 3/4" carts.

Isnt shooting 28g out of a 28G missing the point? Shoot a 12? I could only find one 28g load in 28G and it was Gamebore at JC Pure Gold 28g of No5 shot in plastic!

24g 21g etc are available in 2 3/4" carts.

Not at all. If you shoot a 21g cartridge through a 12 why are you not using a 16 or even a 20.

A 28 is light to carry, slimline, fast moving, low recoil (even with 28g load).

Express and Winchester do a 28/28 load, although you will need to remortgage your house to buy the winnies.

I've found some more info on the web and most of the 28g 28 bore shells seem are 2 3/4 inch so I'll be going to the shop this morning.

In my eye the gun is light and fast handleing so when I'm walking and going to shoot 3 to 5 shots on a walk it is ideal the 12 is just to heavy, I used a 410 before this, so the 28 will be plenty of gun.

Guest cookoff013

er, the 28 gauge didnt succum to the Magnumitus. in the past the 3" loads were created, but they didnt sell and were ditched.

why oh why, would you want to shoot an ounce out of one of those?

the 28 is perfect for 21gram and 18gram loads. dont get too hung up on shooting ounces. its a perfectly fine bird gun, thats why its stuck around.