miroku

duck duster

mudpatten - I'm going to need some educating here - some Browning's are bored at .741 from new so how come they are not "out of proof"? I always thought that a gun in the UK is proofed at it's stamped size (and they vary from make to make) but then became out of proof only when the bore becomes worn .010 thou or more?

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

mudpatten - I'm going to need some educating here - some Browning's are bored at .741 from new so how come they are not "out of proof"? I always thought that a gun in the UK is proofed at it's stamped size (and they vary from make to make) but then became out of proof only when the bore becomes worn .010 thou or more?

:good:

I sold an Aya 16 gauge a few years ago and the buyer came across as a bit of a tool before turning up.

Anyway he turned took out thus lovely bore measuring tool and said oh is well out of proof. After laughing and telling him I don’t think so it only turned out he had it set to a 20 gauge setting.

He bought it in the end but I did feel like telling him to do one.