NOE Selection shoot at Manchester

figgy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seb and I will be there having a go and we are looking to rag along with someone rather than billy no mates wondering around if anybody mines us joining them..

Phil

If you havn't found a partner in crime by now. I hope to be there at 10-00 and would be delighted to accompany you and Percy posh paws round. from yer Auntie. :yes:

If you havn't found a partner in crime by now. I hope to be there at 10-00 and would be delighted to accompany you and Percy posh paws round. from yer Auntie. :yes:

and if any of you are running drastically late i'll be shooting round at about 1.30pm :yes:

and if any of you are running drastically late i'll be shooting round at about 1.30pm :yes:

Shoot well Nick, (well all Pigeon Watchers really), head down and a team place could be yours. You're making it hard for yourself though with all the pressure and hassle of organisation for 4 or 5 hours then trying to clear your mind to concentrate on shooting.

Mr P

Just back form Worsley,

We shot round with Auntie who is a top top lady and bumped into some familiar faces that we are starting to get to know.

Seb (Percy Posh Paws) shot is best ever score at a 100 sporting comp, so thanks must go to Brian (Beretta)off the site for the help and lesson mid week it made all the difference, the little man was made up because he did shoot well cleaning a 5 simo pair stand and close on a few others just dropping the odd bird, but more important he beat me again.

I expect that the opinions will vary but we found the course really good lots of different targets and very well run with just one hold up at the high driven. the refs were excellent and all credit to Worsley well done.

Phil

Not a bad do at Worsley, but too much queuing, so we didn't make it to Catton Hall afterwards, which was a ballache. <_<

Weather was kind for once. :good:

Scores on the doors (that I know about)

Azzurri - 89 Good hit G. :yes:

John Rogers - 87 Should win B Class with that :good:

NickyT - 86 :good: Well shot Nick

Chard - 83 About 4th in B Class when I left, which is neither use nor ornament :P

Canthitathing - 82 Well shot Al, good to see you again :yes:

Paulos - 80 Hahahahahahaha :lol:

IanE - 78 Should win C Class :good:

Timps - 75 - Hangover City :P

100milesaway - 72? not sure :rolleyes:

Heard a bit of muttering about some targets not being changed from yesterday and earlier, so some have shot them previously. :hmm:

Don't think that's supposed to happen in a registered selection shoot :o

Edited by Chard

We go there early and had a fairly easy run through the stands with no breakdowns or hold ups.

The targets were mostly fine with the exception (for me anyway) of the rabbit stand near the driven.The sun was quite strong on the edge on crosser which made it hard to get on to,would have been better as a roller showing a bit of top maybe ?

As Chard has said a few of the stands were the same as last weeks members shoot,i think i can count 5 or 6 and also odd targets were the same with only the 'other bird' of the pair changed.

I think things are heading in the right direction though :yes:

Azzurri.

As Chard has said a few of the stands were the same as last weeks members shoot,i think i can count 5 or 6 and also odd targets were the same with only the 'other bird' of the pair changed.

I think things are heading in the right direction though :yes:

Azzurri.

I agree it's going in the right direction, but that amount of unchanged stands is worse than I thought and completely out of order.

That equates to at least 1/3 of the course being the same as last Saturday, therefore and Sunday, Wednesday and yesterday - not right <_<

Edited by Chard

First time at worsley today and enjoyed the course.

Just shot like a complete *** and ended on 63 lowest score I can remember carding for 100 sporting, some good targets though.

Nice to meet some fellow pigeon watchers today,good score Nicky T after rushing about, and nice to meet you,and the others shot well.

Didn't get to meet chard and timps but think I passed you on the driven stand, as I spoke to auntie as we waited on the next stand we were shooting and she said you lot had just passed us as we came off.

Strange how the mental picture you have of people never match when you meet them.

The young lad you were with auntie shot well getting a straight on the simmo teal.

Looking forward to Rufforth now if I am off work for it.

ATB figgy

Nice to meet you too Figgy and thanks for making the trip down :good:

Well shot Tim (Webster) who won the shoot on a sterling 95 :yes:

Lancashire Champion was Stuart Martinez, after a three way shoot off with Joe Emmott and Kevin Mayor, all of whom finished on 91 :good:

Thoroughly enjoyed my second outing to Worsley, shooting with Timps and El Magnifico. Couldn't match the magnificent one's score but he did tell me the secret to his success was his large c**k :lol: Timps had a shocker (by his standards, I'd would take his cack scores every time :lol: ) but he took it on the chin. :good:

Had a quick chat with NickyT, Son of Potter, Paulos, 100milesaway and saw PSMITH1963 and young Seb (Well shot young 'un :good:)and Azzuri. There might have been a couple of others but I'm not sure. Appologies if I've missed someone out. My attention was elsewhere as Blondie had finished shooting :D:wub::lol: :lol:

Managed a quick photo with Felipe Ibre and watched a couple of stands of John Rogers sandbagging shooting his way to a Class B winning score. Nice shooting John :mad:

Great company as usual and a nice day to boot :thumbs: . Cheers Guys

I shot there last Sunday and wen's, the driven stand hadn't been change, some of the other stand were similar but not the same, I went around this morning and viewed most of the stands myself with this in mind, I felt the stands which were similar were thrown in manor which made you shoot them differently which I think was a good trick on Joe's part

On the whole I think it was a successful day.

I personally didn't receive any negative comments, and believe me I asked a lot of people for there opinions.

Well shot to everyone !

I shot there last Sunday and wen's, the driven stand hadn't been change, some of the other stand were similar but not the same, I went around this morning and viewed most of the stands myself with this in mind, I felt the stands which were similar were thrown in manor which made you shoot them differently which I think was a good trick on Joe's part

On the whole I think it was a successful day.

I personally didn't receive any negative comments, and believe me I asked a lot of people for there opinions.

Well shot to everyone !

Conversation between me and John Rogers :

John : Have you shot the high tower yet, Rich?

Me : Yes.....

John : How did you get on?

Me : Straighted it, because I'm El Magnifico.

John : So did I, I missed two of them yesterday :lol:

Me : Yesterday? Run that by me again John :P

I think Azzurri could tell if targets are the same too....... :hmm:

Edited by Chard

nicely shot chaps. :good: :good: saw a few guys at catton who had shot in the morning and all had good reports about the shoot so :good: :good: :good: to worsley. :good:

ive eaten your salmon chard :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry :D

******* **** **** **** ******** ****** **** :hmm::/ :o :no::sly::angry:

You're keeping very quiet about your score at Catton you salmon-rustler <_<

Edited by Chard

I was reffing the lovely stand 3! By all means a good stand i thought, the sun popped its head up a few times and made it just a tad more trickier! But no real complaints!! A few moans that there had been a couple stands with a breakdown!!

My only concern was a few people wandering round with there own clay card trying to interupt the competition and got a bit shirty with me when telling them the stand is comp only!! That shouldnt happen at registered grounds!!

Saw a few people to have a chat too!! :) but all in all a good vibe from the shooters today!!

Cracking score by young tim webster too!!

I thought it was a fair shoot, with some decent targets on :good: Like Chard, I heard a few people mentioning that they had shot some of them before, which annoyed me a little, but not to a great extent. I shot ok as well which makes a change - my score was pretty dreadful, but that was just due to a couple of stands which really caught me out. I shot the rest pretty consistently. :yes:

Enjoyed shooting around with Phil and young Percy Posh Paws, who shot a very good 66 i think.Had afew words here and there with other PW'ers,yes it was the tower stand that we disscussed Chards presence on Figgy , you were round the corner at 8 and 9 at the time Richard, resplendant and radiating your natural charisma of magnificence.Lets hope we get some more registered shooting at Worsley in the future. from Auntie. :good:

Edited by 100milesaway