Beretta 686 problem?

Mungler

Okay, so got my first shotgun, got it home, stuck in snap caps (sorry Martin, but come on, first gun, get it home, I can't not fire it) pulled trigger once and yes it goes click. Try and pull trigger to fire second barrel and nothing.

The gun has a barrel selector switch - one side of the switch is marked with 1 red dot, the other position of the switch is marked with 2 red dots.

After first shot of click if you manually flick the barrel selector switch over and pull the trigger again, the second barrel then goes click.

Am I missing something.

I was expecting two clicks one after the other. The only way both will fire is with manipulation of the selector switch.

Cheers,

Andy

roughshooter has it covered mungler, inertia triggers need the recoil to set the second barrel, As LG said, set the selector for bottom barrel first ,this is the lowest set barrel and the most shot, if the gun is new it will be very tight, you'l think your going to break the thing in half opening it, it'l loosen up with use, dont be tempted to rouge the thing, let it wear in itself, one other thing with berretas, make sure its very clean around the action when assembling or breaking, they have a tendancy to leave small steel fillings or chips/burrs that will cause gouging in the action sides, please take care is all i ask, i have had to repair many .

glad you got your gun son, so out you go and have fun, the snapcap thing will wear off trust me :lol::lol:

Martin

The Beretta 686 has an inertia trigger mec which means it needs to go bang for the second barrel to cock.

If you bang the butt of your shotgun with the palm of your hand this will set the trigger

Perfectly OK

regards

Graham

I have had a 686e and now have a 687. All i do is to open the gun, put the snap caps in, fire off the first barrel, move the selector over & fire off the other barrel, job done. If i'm cleaning it, i then take off the fore end and open the gun to remove the barrel, this way you won't re-cock the hammer. Both of the guns i have do this, it's normal.

did exactly the same thing when i bought my first shotgun bought a berretta silver pigeon and put in the snap caps click would only fire 1 have to move switch over to fire other lol i felt a right idiot when i phoned my local gun shop about it

B) :good: