Recoil on my AL391

two-barrels

Maybe a lighter gun (although notin my experiance)

i have found thte 391 to be one of the very best semi auto's at reducing recoil and my old mans one has lots less recoil than my lanber O/U does.

(sorry to repeat this post, just making sure you have seen it)

Edited by dunganick

Not fired a semi for a while, but i dont notice recoil with my Lanber :lol: A lady at my local clay club asked my other half if she wasn't bothered with recoil (she shot a 20) i gave her a few shots & she was surprised :lol: Fair enough, im built like a brick **** house & don't notice - but i think they take recoil well. I don't even notice any differance when shooting 3"mag heavy loads :lol:

Tam.

Two barrels

I am surprised to hear that you are experiencling a lot of recoil with a 391. I shoot one and it is the softest shooting 12b I have ever owned or fired. I wonder if you might have a problem with the self-regulating gas system.

In answer to your last question, you can expect a lot more recoil than a spring airgun, but the recoil on my 391 feels more like a "push" than a "kick", which is how my side by side feels.

I would take Axe's advice and voice your concerns to GMK.

All the best

Pete

I Have got a 391 extrema and have never noticed any recoil with it and I fire some fairly serious cartridges. 42g is not uncommon.

I would speak to GMK or let someone else shoot it and see what they think.

Cheers

Martin